Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Statutory Decleration - paying for a mere signature??!
FightBack Forums > Queries > Council Parking Tickets & Clamping and Decriminalised Notices
I have received a penalty charge notice for a parking ticket I was unaware of. The address on the notice is inaccurate as it is addressed to the house number next door which may explain why I have not received the previous notices. The notice says I am to fill out the statutory decleration and it must be signed by a solicitor (usually at a cost). I object to receiving a penalty charge notice which I believe to be incorrect and in order to appeal/ comply with their process I still have to part with money to a solicitor to not pay their fine.

Is there such a thing as a commisioner for oaths or an officer of a county court who won't charge a fee to sign a simple form?
Yep, the county court will not charge you for this. You could always go along the lines of ignoring it as it was addressed to next door. Might be fun when the bailiffs waste their time going next door in a couple of months.
The only problem will be is when they find the car on the PCN parked close by.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.