Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: is this kosher?
FightBack Forums > Queries > Council Parking Tickets & Clamping and Decriminalised Notices
aikido
what do you think?

http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll311/a...52008_00001.jpg

hope ive done this right.
Glacier2
It states the contravention as "being in a bus lane". Now I was under the impression that the correct contravention wording is being in a bus lane during its hours of operation? Are all the bus lanes in Brighton & Hove operational 24 hours a day? Otherwise it is legal to be in a bus lane outside its hours of operation.

For that reason i reckon it is invalid as it the PCN is incorrectly worded. No contravention has occurred.
aikido
Thanks glacier2 and well spotted i think it is between 8am and 6pm.

Looks like iwill have some fun then, biggrin.gif
clark_kent
A bus lane by law is defined as a lane for the exclusive use of buses (and other exemptions) outside of operational hours it is not a Bus lane its just a road painted with meaningless markings. You can therefore only be in a bus lane during its hours of operation the contravention description is correct.
dave comer
Had a look at your ticket. If you are correct in saying the Bus Lane is operational between 8am and 6pm, then your ticket appears to be valid. The time stated is 1620 which is twenty past four in the afternoon. Don't know if anything else would help , it might be that the better informed amongst us would be able to assist further.
Alexis
The ticket becomes invalid because the contravention is inaccurately described though. Not having a correct reason for the infraction means it does not adhere to the RMA 2004 and is not enforceable.

It is not the owner's job to revisit the bus lane to check the times when it is operational - he could live at the other end of the country!
Fredd
I'm intrigued that at the time they issue the issue the PCN they can apparently also know with certainty when it will be served - such that they can print a definite cut-off date for the reduced payment. Wish I could predict the future...
clark_kent
QUOTE (Alexis @ Tue, 6 May 2008 - 09:12) *
The ticket becomes invalid because the contravention is inaccurately described though. Not having a correct reason for the infraction means it does not adhere to the RMA 2004 and is not enforceable.

The contravention description is correct and adequate, it is a contravention to use a Bus Lane. Outside of controlled hours it is not a Bus lane so its impossible to use a Bus lane outside of its timed hours of operation.
Alexis
So you are never ever allowed to enter a bus lane ever?

Even to turn down a side street, passing across a dashed line?....
clark_kent
QUOTE (Alexis @ Wed, 7 May 2008 - 00:28) *
So you are never ever allowed to enter a bus lane ever?

Even to turn down a side street, passing across a dashed line?....

So you are suggesting the contravention should be.....''using a bus lane without turning down a side street or any other exemption during the hours its a bus lane''??

I like the way you try to cover your loss of an argument by trying to change the subject!!
Alexis
How can I cover the 'loss of an argument' on an internet forum? There's a paper trail for anyone to look back on.

I'm not bothered about having, winning or losing arguments. I'm here to try and help people.
bama
Alexis was very much ON topic with her point.
clark_kent
QUOTE (bama @ Wed, 7 May 2008 - 21:08) *
Alexis was very much ON topic with her point.

I never said the post was off topic, the argument was however that the contravention was not described correctly and NOT if there were any exemptions.
neiljac
is this kosher?

well as long as its not a halal chicken eh Mr Sugar?
Glacier2
Very good! biggrin.gif That was very funny last night.
The Rookie
All I can say is, if these were the countries best business minds (as its says in the intro) then I'm emigrating! At least the right two got fired this week, no argument!

Simon
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.