Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Single Yellow Line on a Sunday with no plate in a CPZ ...
FightBack Forums > Queries > Council Tickets & Clamping and Decriminalised Notices
Cooker
Rec'd a PCN on the car yesterday (Sunday) for parking on a single yellow line on a street with no time plates along its entire length.

(Will post the ticket up when I can eventually find the lead, but ticket is the new type & pretty sure its worded correctly.)

Apparently from what I can see in other posts elsewhere, timeplates are not required as the single yellow line is within a CPZ (Wood Green Inner) and I should have been informed of the times that applied by signs on both sides of the road upon entering the CPZ - Right so far ???

However, I entered the Inner CPZ via back roads from the Outer CPZ (a different cpz I would assume with a different TMO/TRO if anyone knows ?? - actually from Haringeys website .. the inner CPZ operates on Sunday .. the outer Mon-Sat only) and didn't from what I can see retracing the route, pass ANY CPZ signs for the inner cpz .. For clarity .. my journey started in the WG Outer CPZ

I'm going to appeal anyway ... (quelle surprise) just wondered what the law was on unsigned single yellows on Sundays with no time plates within a CPZ ...

Anyone any idea ?? Or know if the WG Inner/Outer CPZ is signed correctly ??
Alexis
If you can get from point A to point B where the lines are, without passing any zone signs then the signage is inadequate and you'd have a case to appeal.
Teufel
each CPZ needs signs at each and every vehicle entry point
(both sides of the road if 2-way st)

otherwise restruictions which depend solely on CPZ are not effective (eg unplated SY)
AndyJo
I had a similar thing with Hackney where I drove from a CPZ where the restrictions finished at 1830, into one where they finished at 2300. I didn't pass a sign saying that I was driving into a different CPZ. I got a PCN for parking on an unsigned single yellow at 2000. 5 months later, Hackney have just written to me saying that they won't be contesting my appeal to PATAS - though of course they didn't say that they'd done anything wrong in rejecting all me appeals up to that point, and said that it didn't create a precedent etc, etc.

Teufel, I thought that there were certain circumstances where only one sign was mandatory on an entrance to a CPZ ( though possibly this only happens if it's a narrow one way street or something like that). Does it make any difference if the zone was in force before a certain date as well as regards the signing requirements?
greatscot
Have a read at my long running battle about CPZ signs with Aberdeen Council.

Sorry it's fairly lengthy wacko.gif

GS CPZ thread

But the simple fact is that unless you passed correctly laid out signage, to make you aware of the regulations, the Council have failed in their statutory duty on signage.

All entrances to a CPZ must be marked correctly with the sign in the fist post of my thread.

There is plenty of case law in my thread (with links) that will sort you out.

Cheers
GS
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.