Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Should I be worried?!
FightBack Forums > Queries > Speeding and other Criminal Offences
skiprat
Hi all, sorry for asking a probably stupid question but I'm a major anxiety sufferer and stressing about this! Basically, I moved a year ago but only got round to updating my registered address for my car earlier this year (I know, my own fault).

Obviously any speeding tickets etc would have therefore gone to my old address in the meantime. As far as I'm aware I would't have any tickets (never had one before and not seen any tell tale flashes during this time), however I'm now panicking as to what would happen to me if I had been fined at my previous address and failed to respond?! Now that the DVLA have my new address would they have written to me about any outstanding fines? And if not how would I find out about them - contact the DVLA or the police?!

Thanks to anyone who responds!

Zed Victor One
DVLA may have a notification of a due endorsement on your licence if there had a been a court case but I would suggest your best course of action if you are concerned is speak to somebody in the Criminal Justice department at the relevant police station to where you live/lived.
You may need to call in personally with some means of I.D. as they are unlikely to give any details over the phone but they should be able to tell you if there hasbeen anything listed against you.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.