Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Anti Social Driving?
FightBack Forums > Queries > Speeding and other Criminal Offences
Shonk
I got stopped a few mins ago and basicly got told that it was going on the database that i had been reported for anti social driving
and if i get stopped again that my car will be taken off me

i tried asking for more details but the officer was rather stroppy and if i pushed the issue he would have charged me with something

anyway im 35 not 17 and im not driving a wreck of a car

does anyone know anything about this as its rather worried me

im in wales not scotland btw
bama
did he give you a S59 paper ? any paper ?
Shonk
he didnt give me anything

i was only doing 20-25 mph as well

he didnt like it that he was going the other way going over a speed bump
and i turned right infront of him without waiting for him to go past first

even though there was plenty of room and time for me to go first
bama
AIUI unless you get a S59 he was just having a rant.
Shonk
QUOTE (bama @ Sun, 20 Apr 2008 - 02:12) *
AIUI unless you get a S59 he was just having a rant.

are you sure?

just on the off chance say i did get my car taken off me can i get it back?
or do they get to keep it?

its a bit of a piss take to get to keep a 10 grand car
southpaw82
There's no requirement to issue any paperwork with respect to s. 59 of the Police Reform Act 2002. What normally happens is internal paperwork is generated and a marker placed against the vehicle on PNC. If the vehicle comes to notice in s. 59 circumstances again within 12 months it can then be seized. You then have to pay a release fee to get it back.

In the circumstances you outlined s. 59 is not satisfied and so no seizure can take place.
Shonk
QUOTE (southpaw82 @ Sun, 20 Apr 2008 - 02:29) *
There's no requirement to issue any paperwork with respect to s. 59 of the Police Reform Act 2002. What normally happens is internal paperwork is generated and a marker placed against the vehicle on PNC. If the vehicle comes to notice in s. 59 circumstances again within 12 months it can then be seized. You then have to pay a release fee to get it back.

In the circumstances you outlined s. 59 is not satisfied and so no seizure can take place.

wasnt this law made for off road bikes and quads and such

its annoying that its being abused like this
crackpott
QUOTE (Shonk @ Sun, 20 Apr 2008 - 02:44) *

Well, its being abused for practically everything else related to road use, so why should they stop?
Lexus_Ian
One of my drivers was issued with one by L&B police.

He lost concentration for a moment crossed a double white and just missed a traffic car. Looked in his mirror to see the traffic car doing a U turn so he pulled in. Both the driver and he vehicle was issued with an ASBO... At first when I heard about it thought it was a wind up.

3 Days later a letter came in confirming the ASBO against the vehicle and the driver got one to his home address. Phoned up to check and was told it registered against the vehicle and that it would flag up to anyone doing a vehicle check on the PNC. Reason they give ASBO's against vehciles is stop another driver using his mates car to show off in, that way they can impound the car.
jeffreyarcher
QUOTE (Lexus_Ian @ Sun, 20 Apr 2008 - 11:59) *
One of my drivers was issued with one by L&B police.

Different act in Scotland.
Zed Victor One
QUOTE (Shonk @ Sun, 20 Apr 2008 - 02:44) *
QUOTE (southpaw82 @ Sun, 20 Apr 2008 - 02:29) *

If you read the act properly the initial reference is to careless or inconsiderate driving and prohibition of off road driving, consequently it was always intended to cover anti social use of motor vehicles both on and off road.

"a) contravenes section 3 or 34 of the Road Traffic Act 1988 (c. 52) (careless and inconsiderate driving and prohibition of off-road driving), and (b) is causing, or is likely to cause, alarm, distress or annoyance to members of the public, "

Thats not to say that this law isn't abused by being used for trivial and sometimes unintentional occurences but it was drafted to encompass both on and off road events.
DJBrenton
One of the intended uses I'm sure was for boy racers cruising round and round town with loud music.
roythebus
Fkuc me, what WILL they invent next to persecute us?
dazfoz
Last Sunday an charming old lady was knocked down and had her hip broken by a driver of a Blue Merc C class.

In response the gov't has announced;

"If you drive a blue car on a Sunday that is worth more than £25k then your car is going to be impounded and you will get an ASBO.

We take the safety of our old ladies very serious, and these Blue car Sunday drivers must be stopped!"

nottoobad
The other thing is that a "marker" will have been place against your NAME too, so if you are caught driving ANY other vehicle in a manner which "causes alarm, distress or annoyance" then THAT vehicle can be seized. Unfortuatly (IMHO) S.59 can't be used for loud music coming from cars.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.