Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Camera Van other side of road on dual carriageway..
FightBack Forums > Queries > Speeding and other Criminal Offences
bravo
Hi, there was a camera van on the other side of the road facing the oncoming traffic on that side of the carriageway. I was going the other direction away from it, now i thought that the way the lasers worked it had to hit the number plate straight on, seeing as i was on the other side of the carriageway, 3 lanes away, it wouldnt have been hitting me straight on, so shouldnt have given an accurate reading? am i right? i remember reading a fact sheet ages ago something about this. Oh they say 46 in a 40. There was alot of traffic about at the time, the NIP is addressed to my dad, came this morning as im a named driver i'll have to have him fill out the form for it to come to me so it'll be a bit for it to be put forward to me wont it.

Tried doing an ASCII type diagram hope it works. C is the bit between the two lanes.

Me | | |C| | |
aaa| | |C| | |Van Here
BaggieBoy
The higher the angle the more inaccuracy in the speed, however it's in your favour (i.e. their speed reading will be lower then your true speed).
nemo
Your father could always write a letter in which he requests 'copies of any photographs to assist with identification of the driver'. The letter should be kept short and to the point, polite and should not be embellished. Note that if the scammers think the author is on a fishing trip, they are likely to refuse to send anything at this stage.

The photos should give an early indication as to whether there are likely to be any 'issues' surrounding the recording of the vehicle's speed.
Zed Victor One
It does not have to be square on to the numebr plate as short of sitting directly in the carriagewy this would be almost impossible. The reference to number plates I believe you'll find is that the best reading will be obtained from targetting the area of the number plate as this provides the most reflective surface.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.