Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Cloned cars & tickets
FightBack Forums > Queries > Speeding and other Criminal Offences
sampaul1966
Last month i recieved a speeding ticket but could'nt think of how i got it. I filled in the Notification Intent Prosecute saying i was the driver of that reg car. I've now recieved a parking ticket with a photo of a car with my reg but its not my car & visibly so (different colour etc). I'm appealing against the parking ticket as its obviously been cloned. When i filled in the NIP i asked for a picture . Any advice on my next move on the speeding ticket ? I know i sound a bit stupid but i have'nt had a speeding ticket for 24 years. Thanks

Pete D
Inform the safety partnership immediately of the parking ticket and cloned car, and report the cloned car to the police ASAP, today even. Do not part company with the parking ticket and photo. Then inform the parking unit that it was not your car and that you have reported the cloning of your registration. Pete D
sampaul1966
Thanks for that. The traffic justice dept is shut at weekends so i'll ring them tomorrow. Its a pity i did'nt get the parking ticket first as it came with a photo that proves it was'nt my car
nimh999
QUOTE (sampaul1966 @ Sun, 13 Apr 2008 - 14:07) *
Last month i recieved a speeding ticket but could'nt think of how i got it.
Was the location on the speeding ticket a location that you would have used at the day and time stated?

Was the location of the parking ticket a location that you would have used at the day and time stated?

If no then this should have set alarm bells off instantly.

If yes then someone is driving a cloned car where you live and possibly, eventually you two may meet.
sampaul1966
How long after an offence can a form from the Police asking for the name of a driver be sent ?
I've just recieved one but the car in question was cloned by another driver & since March has not been in my ownership. The date of the offence on the form is wrong as the Police have said the offence took place in 1960 (typo on their part)
jeffreyarcher
QUOTE (sampaul1966 @ Sun, 13 Apr 2008 - 21:24) *
so i'll ring them tomorrow. Its a pity i did'nt get the parking ticket first as it came with a photo that proves it was'nt my car

So, what happened?

QUOTE (sampaul1966 @ Sun, 15 Jun 2008 - 18:34) *
How long after an offence can a form from the Police asking for the name of a driver be sent ?

There is no time limit on such a requirement. Six months after the substantive (e.g. speeding) offence, they can't do anything with the information.

I've just recieved one but the car in question was cloned by another driver & since March has not been in my ownership.

So, you sold your car to another person three months ago, that person then cloned the said vehicle to match your current vehicle.
Hardly likely. rolleyes.gif

The date of the offence on the form is wrong as the Police have said the offence took place in 1960 (typo on their part)

Well, you do have to give them the information that they asked for.
E.g., I am sorry, I cannot help you as I was not born in 1960. Although, I don't see the point in being a smart ar*e if it wasn't your vehicle.
sampaul1966
The parking tickets were cancelled after i sent photos in of the car i owned showing it was a different colour. I'd already sold the car in March before all these tickets were delivered. This latest charge concerns the car that had been sold. I didn't make it clear all these charges relate to the car i've sold, (hopefully) my present car has'nt been cloned.
sampaul1966
Time for an update. The actual date of the offence is May 08, 6 weeks after i'd sold the car. After contacting the Police they've told me to send a copies of the DVLA letter aknowledging the change of ownership & the reciept for the car from the Skoda garage. I've never been in this situation before but the Police sound as if this is a common problem they run into. Anyway thanks for the advice everyone
The Rookie
You do know how to confuse...are you saying you had a NIP in April for an offence in May now, or that there are 2 speeding and one parking offence? You have cast iron get outs on the second speeding (if that's the acse) and the parking, buit you haven't elaborated about teh first speeding at all!

Simon
sampaul1966
I'm confusing myself so I'll try to clarify things.
-Sold a car (car 1) in March in part ex for car 2.
-shortly after this i recieved a speeding ticket for car 1 at a time when i still owned it.
-After this i recieved 2 parking tickets with photos showing a similar car to car 1 with same reg but a different colour & markings. These offences occured in Feb but "payment had not been recieved". This was due to the tickets being stuck on a car with dodgy plates meaning i never recieved the tickets
-I phoned about the speeding ticket but due to a system fault the ticket was "no further action but follow the rules of the road"
- on presentation of photos both parking tickets cancelled
- last week recieved a letter concerning careless driving & leaving scene of accident charge concerning car 1 in London. The date of this was after i'd sold car 1 & at a time when it was on a garage forecourt in Manchester. I've sent an aknowledgment letter from DVLA to me regarding transfer of ownership of car 1 dates the month before this car was supposedly involved in the careless driving offence
-I've also had a visit from the Police 20 minutes after the driver of car 1 had punched another motorist in a road rage incident but luckily the Police were happy enough when shown the transfer of ownership letter from DVLA

It sounds like some scrote has managed to get some fake plates made
The Rookie
OK you have a sound defence for all the alleged offences, however I would say your civic duty is to go to the Police and get this car flagged on teh ANPR so this lawless scumbag gets caught as soon as possible, as I would suggest you have more of the relevant facts than any other single party!

Simon
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.