Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: ticket issued for clearway obstruction
FightBack Forums > Queries > Council Parking Tickets & Clamping and Decriminalised Notices
colnewman18
HI ALL, THIS IS MY FIRST POST AND IM LOOKING FOR SOME HELP.

TODAY I WAS GIVEN A TICKET FROM CENTRAL SCOTLAND POLICE, IT IS A FIXED PENALTY NOTICE GIVEN FOR CLEARWAY OBSTRUCTION.

I WAS PARKED IN A LAYBAY THAT YOU COULD PARK 6 VANS IN, THERE WAS NO SIGNS OR LINES AT THE LAYBAY SAYING NO PARKING.

THIS WAS A LAYBAY AT THE SIDE OF A 2 WAY ROAD, THAT HAS CLEARLY BEEN USED FOR PARKING TO ALLOW PEOPLE TO HILLWALK AND WALK THEIR DOG FROM. IT JUST SEEMS AS IF IT IS A MONEY RAISING VENTURE.

AFTER THE TICKET I DROVE FURTHER DOWN THE ROAD ABOUT 3/4 MILE AND LOOKED FOR A SIGN, CENTRAL SCOTLAND POLICE HAD TIED A A4 PIECE OF PAPER STATING THAT TICKETS WOULD BE ISSUED IF ANY ONE PARKED IN THE LAYBAYS, I THEN DROVE BACK ABOUT 2 MILES IN THE OTHER DIRECTION AND THE ONLY SIGN AT THE SIDE OF A HEDGE I COULD SEE WAS THE CIRCLE WITH 2 RED LINES THROUGH IT, WHICH I THINK IS THE UBAN CLEARWAY SIGN.

ITS ONLY THAT I THOUGHT THAT MEANT YOU COULDNT STOP AT THE SIDE OF THE ROAD, NOT IN A PARKING LAYBAY WITH NO SIGNS OR LINES AROUND.

DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY ADVICE OR A CORRECT DEFINITION OF A CLEARWAY.

THANKS COLIN.......
Glacier2
Caps lock to off please.

nemo
QUOTE (colnewman18 @ Thu, 10 Apr 2008 - 18:25) *
DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY ADVICE OR A CORRECT DEFINITION OF A CLEARWAY.

The clearway regulations prohibit vehicles from stopping on the main carriageway of certain named roads.

The definition I have is that main carriageway means any carriageway of a named road primarily used by through traffic and, whilst slip roads are included, lay-bys do not form part of a main carriageway.

There is a reference to lay-bys in that it is forbidden for a vehicle to wait in a lay-by of a clearway for the purpose of selling goods. But that's about it, as far as I can tell.

The relevant legislation is provided by The Various Trunk Roads (Prohibition of Waiting) (Clearways) Order 1963 - it might be worth trying to get hold of a copy.

Also, see if a Clearway Order has been made for the road in question and check its wording very carefully (example here)..
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.