Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Offence before 31 March 2008, Incorrect fine amount?
FightBack Forums > Queries > Council Tickets & Clamping and Decriminalised Notices
rmg
I just received a PCN for 46:46 stopped where prohibited (on a red route or clearway). I was stoped for about 1 or 2 minutes while sitting in the car waiting to pick someone up from a station while not causing a disturbance or blockage on the road.

The date of the offence was 25 March 2008 and the notice was dated 3 April 2008. The fine has been issued for £120 with 50% reduction if paid within 14 days. My question is should the fine not be £100 as the increase to £120 for this offence only took place on 31 March and this offence took place before then. If that is the case what should my next move be?

Thanks for any advice anyone can provide.
southpaw82
Write and point it out. If no joy, wait for NTO then tick the box that says "penalty exceeds the applicable amount".
Alexis
Can you scan the ticket in please? It's odd the two dates are so far apart.
bama
A lot of IT shops use easter as an 'outage' period to implement changes. catch up seems feasible.. however pics will help greatly..
rmg

spaceman
QUOTE (rmg @ Mon, 7 Apr 2008 - 14:38) *
I just received a PCN for 46:46 stopped where prohibited (on a red route or clearway). I was stoped for about 1 or 2 minutes while sitting in the car waiting to pick someone up from a station while not causing a disturbance or blockage on the road.

The date of the offence was 25 March 2008 and the notice was dated 3 April 2008. The fine has been issued for £120 with 50% reduction if paid within 14 days. My question is should the fine not be £100 as the increase to £120 for this offence only took place on 31 March and this offence took place before then. If that is the case what should my next move be?

Thanks for any advice anyone can provide.

Are you sure the penalty charge changed on 31 March 2008? This looks to me like the differential penalty charge regime introduced on 4 July 2007.
rmg
I was not sure about this and was hoping someone could confirm it for me. If that is the case is there anything else wrong with the PCN or should i just be paying it?
clark_kent
London PCN did go up in July 2007 as stated.
rmg
What about appealing on the grounds that it states the 28 day period

"beginning with the date of service of this notice"?

Should it not state that the penalty charge must be paid before the end of the period of 28 days beginning with the date of the notice

from the ruling in PATAS case reference is 2070445427
spaceman
I might be wrong here, but it's the date of the alleged contravention which dictates whether the Road Traffic Act 1991 or the Traffic Management Act 2004 applies, NOT when the pcn was served.

You have quoted the requirement from the TMA and I am not sure this is what applies here.

Like I said, I might be wrong here, especially as I am typing this while watching the football!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.