Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The stupidity continues.... more advice please
FightBack Forums > Queries > Speeding and other Criminal Offences
49mph
Ok. Very very briefly.... I have received a summons in August for failing to supply the drivers details. I pleaded not guilty and sent the plea form back requesting that the case is adjourned for one year as I am now living and working in Spain. I also requested that any correspondence was now sent to my Spanish address.

This morning (in Spain) I have received a notice of adjourment dated the 1st of September. However the date on the envelope postmark is the 14th September. It was also sent via normal postage hence I have only recieved it this morning. In this notice it states:-

THE CASE HAS BEEN ADJOURNED FOR THE FOLLOWING REASONS FOR YOU TO CONFIRM YOUR PLEA AND WHETHER YOU ARE TO BE LEGALLY REPRESENTED. A TRIAL DATE WILL THEN BE SET WHEN YOU MUST ATTEND.

THE CASE WILL BE HEARD ON 22.09.04 AT 10.00AM

Ok. So obviously that was two days ago. Also in my previous letter (with summons and plea form) I had already stated my plea and that I would be legally represented though at this time I didn't know who by (this was because I didn't have time to sort out my legal rep before sending the summons back by the date requested).

So does anyone know where I stand? Will they have 'sentenced' me in my absence a few days ago?

Oh and another thing. On the notice it says at the top:-
RECORDED DELIVERY/PERSONAL SERVICE - which obviously it wasn't!

Help????
Lance
Keep the envelope obviously as proof of what you say.

Then follow the advice in this post to get the judgement set aside and heard again. You might want to phone the court first and find out what did happen on the day.
49mph
I can't seem to find the telephone number of the Magitrates court in Hampshire (Lyndhurst) - remember I'm in Spain!

I've sent a registered letter to them explaining that I received the notice two days after the hearing and also that I had already entered my plea etc. Please can they inform me of what happened on the 22nd of September.

Jason
DW190
QUOTE (49mph)
I can't seem to find the telephone number of the Magitrates court in Hampshire (Lyndhurst) - remember I'm in Spain!

I've sent a registered letter to them explaining that I received the notice two days after the hearing and also that I had already entered my plea etc. Please can they inform me of what happened on the 22nd of September.

Jason

Hampshire is a County. Magistrates Courts are usually in Towns.

What town was the alleged offence in? Let us know and we will find.

You could also try www.yell.co.uk
49mph
It was Lyndhurst magistrates court. And I've found the details using yell.co.uk!

Southampton & New Forest Magistrates Courts

Thanks
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.