Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: camera van sat on central reserve on duel carrigeway
FightBack Forums > Queries > Speeding and other Criminal Offences
hollinworth2006
Hi newbie here
Just a quick question!
Does anyone know if they can do me when the van is sat on central reserve on duel carrigeway with both sides of the road open?

They were sat in the middle of oldham way have a look at the attachment.

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?ie=UTF8&...&iwloc=addr

Many thanks in advance
Andy
jobo
yes they can
hollinworth2006

Radar equipment in the manned mode must not be operated for enforcement purposes in the central reservation of a dual carriageway or motorway when the two carriageways are in use. It may, however, be so operated when installed by manufacturers for unmanned use within cabinets.

This was taken from here http://www.pepipoo.com/files/ACPO/ACPO_full.htm#Visibility

So it says that they are not allowed to do so as someone was sat in the back of the van with the camera.
Thanks
jobo
thats good, unfortunety it was prob a laser that they were using
Pete D
What makes you think is was a radar peice of kit. Much more likely to be a laser peice of kit like the LTI20-20 with a camera and video recorder. Pete D
hollinworth2006
i just didnt see the 2 circle things on the gun? was doing 60 (car says) 56 (gps says) in a 50 zone.
What do you think?
Thanks
Andy
jobo
To PD think he is just asking a question, he thinks he know the answer to, so he can tell me im wrong.
To OP when you get an NIP and come back with spec
leegomery16
QUOTE (hollinworth2006 @ Fri, 28 Mar 2008 - 16:42) *
i just didnt see the 2 circle things on the gun? was doing 60 (car says) 56 (gps says) in a 50 zone.
What do you think?
Thanks
Andy

I think you're guilty of speeding wink.gif

Whether it can be proved is a different matter (but a confession is a good start).
Pete D
They can use the LTI form behind the rear smoked windows as they are optically corrected for the TX wavelenght but they often open just to let the air in a get a slightly clearer view. Are you suggesting your speedo reads fast, most unusual unless you have non standard tyres and rims that has caused the error. Pete D
BaggieBoy
QUOTE (Pete D @ Fri, 28 Mar 2008 - 18:01) *
Are you suggesting your speedo reads fast, most unusual unless you have non standard tyres and rims that has caused the error.

Doesn't seem unusual to me. A speedo can legally over read by 10% but never under read. So at a true 60MPH, a reading of 66 is within legality. In my a true 60MPH (as measured by GPS) would mean my speedo is reading 62.
Pete D
Sorry read that back to front I think. Yes the speedo will read higher then the GPS. Sorry about that. Pete D
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.