Full Version: [NIP Wizard] Cloned?
FightBack Forums > Queries > Speeding and other Criminal Offences
smeagol
NIP Details and Circumstances
What is the name of the Constabulary? -
Date of the offence: - January 2008
Date of the NIP: - 5 days after the offence
Date you received the NIP: - 12 days after the offence
Location of offence (exact location as it appears on the NIP: important): - Hyde road/Nr Devonshire street,,Manchester
Was the NIP addressed to you? - Yes
Was the NIP sent by first class post, second class or recorded delivery? - First
If your are not the Registered Keeper, what is your relationship to the vehicle? -
How many current points do you have? - 0
Provide a description of events (if you know what happened) telling us as much about the incident as possible - some things that may seem trivial to you may be important, so don't leave anything out. Please do not post personal details for obvious reasons - My bike was not on the road at the time of this "offence" and now i have received a NIP im not sure how to respond without gettin done for refusing to identify the driver, but how can i when noone was driving it, looking at your forums considered just saying multiple people were driving but there was actuall noone whatsoever (including me) insured to ride it at the time so then id just be gettin done for without insurance, so best to go with the truth,
was thinking of sneding

To whom it may concern,

I have received the enclosed NIP relating to an offence on .....
I am rather confused by this as the vehicle was not being used by anyone on the date concerned, i therefore believe this is either a mistake on your part or the vehicle caught is using false plates. Please send me any photographic evidence in case it sheds any more light on the matter.

Yours etc.

Any advice? also the 28 days runs out on friday as i just got back to manchester so i need to send some kind of response asap

thanks

NIP Wizard Responses
These were the responses used by the Wizard to arrive at its recommendation:
Have you received a NIP? - Yes
Are you the Registered Keeper of the vehicle concerned (is your name and address on the V5/V5C)? - Yes
Did the first NIP arrive within 14 days? - Yes
Although you are the Registered Keeper, were you also the keeper of the vehicle concerned (the person normally responsible for it) at the time of the alleged offence? - Yes
Were you driving? - No
Do you know who was driving? - No

NIP Wizard Recommendation
Based on these responses the Wizard suggested that this course of action should be considered:

Generated by the PePiPoo NIP Wizard v3.3.2: Tue, 19 Feb 2008 17:20:05 +0000
Pete D
You need to write to them ASAP and report the cloned plates to the Police in writting and DVLA NOW. Only do this if you are 100% sure it could not have been your bike. Lying is not an option. Then speak to the camera unit and go and view the video if this was a Scamera Van. Pete D
toohigh
I had this done on my last bike ( someone cloned the plate ) about two years ago, went to see the police and reported it, they then put a "marker" on the reg number for a stop if it was seen.

i came across a few police cars / bikes on my travels and none of them stopped me / said anything ?
saracengb
I'd tend to agree with Pete on this one. IF you're the victim here - the sooner you let the right people know of the situation the better.

Make sure you send everything by Registered first class post so you can check that they've received it.

HTH

The Rookie
Far better to get to your local nick ASAP and report a POSSIBLE cloning - bear in mind it could be a misread of the VRM from the photo/video....

Simon
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.