Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: [NIP Wizard] Any chance of getting off with this?
FightBack Forums > Queries > Speeding and other Criminal Offences
liam1974
NIP Details and Circumstances
What is the name of the Constabulary? -
Date of the offence: - January 2008
Date of the NIP: - 5 days after the offence
Date you received the NIP: - 7 days after the offence
Location of offence (exact location as it appears on the NIP: important): - B6383 30mph Kelbrook Rd nr West Craven High Sch SE, Barnoldswick (F Div) Mobile
Was the NIP addressed to you? - No
Was the NIP sent by first class post, second class or recorded delivery? - Not known
If your are not the Registered Keeper, what is your relationship to the vehicle? - Wifes car
How many current points do you have? - 6
Provide a description of events (if you know what happened) telling us as much about the incident as possible - some things that may seem trivial to you may be important, so don't leave anything out. Please do not post personal details for obvious reasons - Driving down straight road at about 40 (in a 30), driver coming other way flashed me, i slowed down to 25mph, then saw police van about 50 metres in front at other side of road (my right). Lots of traffic coming in opposite direction including lorries obscuring sight between me and police. NIP addressed to my wife saying 37 in a 30.

NIP Wizard Responses
These were the responses used by the Wizard to arrive at its recommendation:
Have you received a NIP? - Yes
Are you the Registered Keeper of the vehicle concerned (is your name and address on the V5/V5C)? - Yes
Did the first NIP arrive within 14 days? - Yes
Although you are the Registered Keeper, were you also the keeper of the vehicle concerned (the person normally responsible for it) at the time of the alleged offence? - No
Were you driving? - No
Do you know who was driving? - Yes

NIP Wizard Recommendation
Based on these responses the Wizard suggested that this course of action should be considered:
  • Complete the Section 172 statement naming the person you believe was driving.
    You aren't incriminating them - they'll receive a NIP to complete themselves in due course.

(You might also like to let that person know that they can expect to receive one, and give them the link to this Wizard for when it arrives!)

Generated by the PePiPoo NIP Wizard v3.3.2: Wed, 23 Jan 2008 18:11:53 +0000
SamUK
not you too!!

this is Sam Britton (powergen dept).

Zaneira got done aswell. she managed to drive past them twice though and is facing 6 points from the same day.

Weird thing is i saw the van too and slowed down and it says i was doing 37 in the 30 zone too. Well have to see what zaneira's say cos it seems like a bit of a coincidense.
liam1974
I couldnt believe the nip. they must have got me from about 1/4 of a mile away, and there was wagons and cars coming other way. i was going other way towards kelbrook. I reckon something dodgy is going on, can i request photographic evidence?
BTW what time did you get gunned at? Mine was 13:47pm. I could have sworn they were facing the other way when i went past them. Which way were you going and what time?
SamUK
thats what i plan to do, along with the certificate of calibration or whatever its called.

like i say, be interesting to see if Zaneiras (hope im spelling that right) quotes 37 in a 30 too.

i went past at 12.46 and thats about lunchtime so im not sure which way i was heading because i always nip in to barlick.
The Rookie
You'r not entitled to any evidence at all until after you have enetered a not guilty plea to the summons.

Its always worth writing and asking for the 'photo's to help confirm the drivers ID' (not evidence) as this will usually give you an idea of exactly where and how you were 'pinged'.

Simon
7159keith
Just a point guys. If you are going to fight it is not a good idea to have discussion with possible identifying names etc out in the open. Forces from the dark side can read too (but very slowly).
SamUK
thanx for the headups keith!

i actually jus came on here to apologise to liam actually. for some reason i assumed he was one of the 2 that worked with me, no idea way. neway, after talking to them today and getting 2 puzzled looking faces ive realised its not him haha.

big coincidense we both posted here on the same day though!
liam1974
No prob sam, i guessed you thought i was someone else biggrin.gif

Think i'm going to have to accept this one, the police will everything sewn up i'm sure, and if i try to fight it i'll end up with a load of costs. The nips in my wifes name as its her car, shes panicking already (thinks police are going to do a dawn raid on the house if i don't own up!) rolleyes.gif

Only thing is i've already got 6 points (got caught on my motorbike last year by a copper hiding in a bush). Looks like i'm working saturday morning for nothing.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.