Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Company Car NIP
FightBack Forums > Queries > Speeding and other Criminal Offences
Theo
Hi,

I am a company car driver. The offence took place on the 4 Nov 07. A NIP arrived at the company address dated 23 Nov 2007 - in an envelope dated 23.11.07 32p postage.

The company responded providing my details as the car user. I have a NIP dated 05 Dec 07.
I contacted the vehicle leasing company and was advised that they had not received any correspondence from the police and if they had, they would have forwarded the letter direct to my company.

Can I use the 14 day rule? Any suggestions?

Thanks

Theo
Theo
Missed some information:

Offence A126 London Road, Grays - failed to comply with 30 MPH limit. Actual speed 38 MPH

davepoth
If the lease company are sure they didn't have the NIP, then it might be worth chancing your arm, but it does beg the question as to how they got your company's information?
Theo
Would the Police phone?
jeffreyarcher
QUOTE (Theo @ Wed, 19 Dec 2007 - 13:12) *
Would the Police phone?

Very unlikely, and certainly not without posting the first one (to the RK), otherwise they haven't complied with S1 RTOA 1988..
Theo
There were 2 people in the car, myself and the missus, it is not clear though. Is it worth pursuing a clearer picture and then if we are not able to identify the driver....?
7159keith
Careful on the NIP. Had the same problem myself, the lease company said they had not had one then it turned out they had.

Was this the gatso just past the railway bridge or the one further toward Purfleet by the petrol station? The reason I ask is that the latter had to be withdrawn from service for quite some time as it was defective. Or was it the nice man who uses the mobile gatso in the back of his van.

Theo
It was the mobile Gatso in the back of his van near the speed trap camera - near Ikea.
7159keith
I guessed it may be, he is an active little ******* and used to set the gatso up in the road but took to just parking up and opening the doors. There is a lot of discussion on illegality of the Gatso in van over in the BB+G.

You could do with filling in the NIP wizard in the read this first section of the forum so members have full info for advice.

Does that road have street lights? I live elsewhere now but seem to recall that stretch was unlit. There are some pretty clued up guys on here regarding correct signage and limits etc. Give them as much info as you can so they may offer advice.
martinbiz
QUOTE (davepoth @ Wed, 19 Dec 2007 - 12:32) *
If the lease company are sure they didn't have the NIP, then it might be worth chancing your arm, but it does beg the question as to how they got your company's information?

I have seen somewhere, I don't think on here , but I can't for the life of me remember where, that lately some of the scammers, to save money when the pnc comes up as a lease co' they are contacting them via phone or email to save sending the first fairly pointless NIP.

So in these cases the NIP to the leasee does become the first one, and the 14 day rule will apply, so it's always worth a check.
jeffreyarcher
QUOTE (martinbiz @ Sat, 22 Dec 2007 - 13:45) *
I have seen somewhere, I don't think on here , but I can't for the life of me remember where, that lately some of the scammers, to save money when the pnc comes up as a lease co' they are contacting them via phone or email

It seems unlikely, because that would be handing the accused a 'get out of jail free' card.

to save sending the first fairly pointless NIP.

The first NIP is not pointless; failure to comply with S1 RTOA 1988 is a bar to conviction.

So in these cases the NIP to the leasee does become the first one, and the 14 day rule will apply, so it's always worth a check.

Total bollox; either the RK or the driver must be NIPped within 14 days. A lessee company is normally neither.
Chas820
I guessed it may be, he is an active little ******* and used to set the gatso up in the road but took to just parking up and opening the doors. There is a lot of discussion on illegality of the Gatso in van over in the BB+G.

This thread alone is worth subscribing to BB&G the effort the CPS have gone to try and lie their way out of this is unbelievable.Take heart that when this case is finished you may find your case dropped.(but still worth subscribing)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.