Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OPC Private Parking Ticket
FightBack Forums > Queries > Council Tickets & Clamping and Decriminalised Notices
Pages: 1, 2
Discocrazy2
Dear Forum

On Saturday 15th December 2007.

Drove to my local Tesco store only to find NO available parent and baby spaces after driving around for 10 minutes and having a 16-month-old toddler that needed changing I parked in an available disabled space.

There was at least 10 disabled spaces available so parked the the furthest away from the shops in a block of 4, 2 of which had trolleys blocking them.

The only reason I parked in a disabled space is because I was on my own and I had my 3 children in the car, if I parked in a normal space I would of had to leave my children all under 11 years old in the middle of the road whilst I drove my car in to the space, which I considered to be too dangerous.

When returning to the car within 30 minutes I found a OPC parking fine on my car.

After getting my children in the car I looked around for information about OPC.

Facing away from were I parked I found a sign 1.7 meters in the air on a lamp post giving the opc terms and conditions which states by parking in their spaces I agree to their terms and conditions, this sign was in no way visible from the parking space I parked in.

I have been given a £50 fine which I need to pay within 14 days then it will go up to £100.

I realise that it is unfair to park in a disabled space, but if a disabled person has a choice of 10 or more free spaces im sure they would not begrudge a parent in need to a parking space.

I have read the FAQ's but still un sure the best way to go forward and was considering to phone OPC enquirie line. But do not want to give them my driver details just in case.

If you could give me some advice i would be greatfull

Many thanks

axeman
its quite simple, just ignore any letters from them, they will go away eventually. they cannot fine you, only courts can do that, they cannot give you a penalty, just an invoice which you dont pay!

If you get a "debt recovery letter" post it here and you will get help to get rid of it.
Discocrazy2
Hi Axeman
Thank you for your advice,
on the fine it states that OPC can get my driver details from the DVLA is this correct.
I have scaned the fine on to my pc but cant seem to up load it on to the threads
Many thanks
axeman
QUOTE (Discocrazy2 @ Tue, 18 Dec 2007 - 20:58) *
Hi Axeman
Thank you for your advice,
on the fine it states that OPC can get my driver details from the DVLA is this correct.
I have scaned the fine on to my pc but cant seem to up load it on to the threads
Many thanks
Chris

yes they do but it costs them £2.50p so let them pay it. also...you don't have a fine, its an unsolicited invoice that unenforceable, they will threaten and bluff, stand firm and ignore the letters, just file them and post back here if you get concerned. read the FAQ section, they wont beat you if you stand firm, just enjoy xmas. (I think you need to be a full member to upload, load it on image shack then post the link in the thread
Discocrazy2
Hi
This is a copy of my OPC private parking ticket

Many thanks
axeman
QUOTE (Discocrazy2 @ Tue, 18 Dec 2007 - 22:11) *
Hi
This is a copy of my OPC private parking ticket

Many thanks
chris

its a load of hogwash, and they also employ traffic wardens!!!! file it and wait for the letters to arrive.
nimh999
QUOTE (Discocrazy2 @ Tue, 18 Dec 2007 - 20:58) *
Does it actually state that DVLA knows who was driving the car at the time of the alleged deed?

Are DVLA psychic?
bama
total joke - just ignore and enjoy the hols.
leegomery16
Traffic Warden laugh.gif

Tell them to get bent.
Discocrazy2
This is the OPC web site http://www.observices.co.uk/company_profile.htm.
I have emailed the office of fair traiding out lineing my situation and if i get a reply then i will inform the forum.
Many thanks for your help so far

Discocrazy2
I emailed consumer direct and this was their reply ?
Thank you for your enquiry to Consumer Direct received on 20th December 2007. Your reference number for this case is xxxxxxxxxxxx and should be quoted in all further correspondence regarding this case.

Based on the information provided, you would be seen to accept the terms and conditions by parking in the disabled bay and therefore; may be liable to pay the fine. You can try and explain your reasons for using this space to the trader but any offer of redress from OPC may be deemed to be a gesture of goodwill and not their legal obligation.

If you require any further advice or information about this case, please do not hesitate in contacting Consumer Direct on 08454 04 05 06 quoting your reference number
axeman
QUOTE (Discocrazy2 @ Mon, 24 Dec 2007 - 19:09) *
I emailed consumer direct and this was their reply ?
Thank you for your enquiry to Consumer Direct received on 20th December 2007. Your reference number for this case is xxxxxxxxxxxx and should be quoted in all further correspondence regarding this case.

Based on the information provided, you would be seen to accept the terms and conditions by parking in the disabled bay and therefore; may be liable to pay the fine. You can try and explain your reasons for using this space to the trader but any offer of redress from OPC may be deemed to be a gesture of goodwill and not their legal obligation.

If you require any further advice or information about this case, please do not hesitate in contacting Consumer Direct on 08454 04 05 06 quoting your reference number

Again, total bollox, they cannot fine you, sit down, enjoy Xmas and ignore them.
jdfi
QUOTE (Discocrazy2 @ Mon, 24 Dec 2007 - 19:09) *
Based on the information provided, you would be seen to accept the terms and conditions by parking in the disabled bay and therefore; may be liable to pay the fine.

Total rubbish - does anyone have contact information for consumer direct? At least two mistakes in this sentance alone!
Discocrazy2
Got my notice to owner yesterday and have 14 days to pay £100 before my fine is past to the dept collectors.
What joy
MMM
Dont panic

If you could be bothered you could write to them and tell them to take the matter up with the driver, you dont need to tell them who the driver was though or you could just ignore it.

When the debt co letter turns up simply write to them and tell them you dispute the debt and ask them to refer the debt back to their client.

If you search on here there are many examples of letters people have sent at both stages, choose one that most appeals to you.

If you want to post what you intend to send on here you will get comments if you ask.

Just remember their chances of proving you have accepted the terms of their contract are miniscule and their "demand" in relation to their losses is totally out of any reasonable proportion.

Chin up!

as always

Mark
bama
writing will encourage them to send you even more outrageous b/s threatening loads of rubbish letters.
Do so if you wish, just keep all their letters in a drawer.

They are running a Con, what you see in their letters is their way of 'selling' the Con to the 'mark' - i.e. you.
Nothing more than that.

as many has said, they have no chance you are safe, relax and get on with your life.

And let these low lifes spend money sending you letters - much more statisfying.

re-read the Private Parking faq at the top of this forum, it will reassure you if my words have not.
neil24103
QUOTE (bama @ Thu, 10 Jan 2008 - 20:10) *
writing will encourage them to send you even more outrageous b/s threatening loads of rubbish letters.
Do so if you wish, just keep all their letters in a drawer.

They are running a Con, what you see in their letters is their way of 'selling' the Con to the 'mark' - i.e. you.
Nothing more than that.

as many has said, they have no chance you are safe, relax and get on with your life.

And let these low lifes spend money sending you letters - much more statisfying.

re-read the Private Parking faq at the top of this forum, it will reassure you if my words have not.

i agree with bama.tell them to feckoff it will make you feel better
Discocrazy2
Thank you for your replys.
Im going to wait for the debt collection leters before i contact OPC,
But i will be sending a leter of complaint to the DVLA for selling my details.
smile.gif
neil24103
no good they are making money out of it as well.think about it.how many times a day they get 2.50 for a drivers confidental infomation

Slow Driver
Yes they can pursue you for the fine.

Yes they can use the DVLA to obtain your details.

Yes they can use debt collectors & bailiffs to recover their money.

The fact is that it comes under contract law. In essence the parking fine is the equivalent of sueing you for breach of contract.

Ignore the above posters who have told you to ignore it and it will go away. I work directly in the parking industry (I'm a parking attendant and I issue PCNs myself). It will not go away, these people above who have said it will have no idea what they are talking about. The trouble with these forums is that when you ask a question you will always get the amateur legal d00dz trying to tell you that what they think is right.
nimh999
QUOTE (Slow Driver @ Thu, 10 Jan 2008 - 22:43) *
So you are saying that without going to court and winning in a court they can send debt collectors and bailiffs round.

I don't think so.

In this particular quote I think you are the "amateur legal d00d"
leegomery16
PCNs are completely different as they are creatures of statute (Road Traffic Act 1991).

You're a parking attendant. I'm a qualified solicitor. I'm with those who say ignore it. Wonder who people will believe.
battyboomboom

Not a fine.

Only once they have taken you to court and won.

The fact is that it comes under contract law. In essence the parking fine is the equivalent of sueing you for breach of contract.

Given that it is a penalty charge, even if you agree to the penalty charge and sign a contract it cannot be enforced as a matter case law.

Ignore the above posters who have told you to ignore it and it will go away. I work directly in the parking industry (I'm a parking attendant and I issue PCNs myself). It will not go away, these people above who have said it will have no idea what they are talking about. The trouble with these forums is that when you ask a question you will always get the amateur legal d00dz trying to tell you that what they think is right.

I think the phrase to be used here is: you have been pwnd. biggrin.gif
bama
slow driver, you work for (or own) OPC ?

Lots of advice on here from qualified practicing lawyers.

suggest the OP completely ignores Slow Drivers' misleading comments and instead reads
http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showtopic=26174
and
http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showtopic=24362&hl=

the collection of letters I have through the good graces of others gathered from a variety of scumbags PPCs are perfect real world examples of NOTHING HAPPENING.

it is a Con. PPCs break the law (lots of laws), they routinely lie and cheat to get your hard earned cash - my collection of letters is hard evidence of that.
Let them swivel - or try making an honest living.

And tell ALL your friends about this scam and how easily and simply it is beaten. The more that know the better - and the less income for the PPCs
nimh999
I work directly in the parking industry (I'm a parking attendant and I issue PCNs myself).

Well you are brave volunteering this information.

Industry. Exactly. Sod all to do with traffic flow, dangerous parking.

And which council, PPC do you work for?
emanresu

This last comment about bailiffs just shows the lengths the Parking Co's will go to in bluff & bluster.

The only way bailiffs get involved is when you loose a court case .... and you have very very little chance of that happening. Even if they try to take you court.

Ignore
Barnsley Boy
QUOTE (emanresu @ Fri, 11 Jan 2008 - 07:43) *

This last comment about bailiffs just shows the lengths the Parking Co's will go to in bluff & bluster.

The only way bailiffs get involved is when you loose a court case .... and you have very very little chance of that happening. Even if they try to take you court.

Ignore

The quote is sort of half true. Anyone can hire a debt collector or a bailiff to "recover monies". What they always fail to mention is that without the inconvenient necessity of a court victory they can't actually do anything other than write letters and make phone calls. Even this is well dodgy if it is repetitive, oppressive or misrepresentative of the situation - it is usually all three.
truCido
** oops*
bertz
No doubt the debt collectors will be Windsor Smythe and Partners, who will then step up the treatening langauge. After a couple of letters (charged at £20 a time + 8% interest) they will send you unstamped court papers in an attempt to scare you into paying. This on its own is probably breaking the law and has been much documented on this forum.

I'm on my 3rd set of unstamped court papers and "FINAL NOTICE BEFORE LEGAL ACTION" letters, and to be honest, i'm running out of drawer space for all the cr*p they send! If only i had an open fire in my front room i could put it all to good use!

My advice is ignore, i made the mistake of contacting them and that's probably why they aren't giving up. Once they sense they have a chance to get you to pay up, it's well worth the price of a stamp to them!
bama
am not a lawyer..but OfT says this..

"Section 136 of the County Courts Act makes it an offence to deliver or cause to be delivered to any
person any document which was not issued under the authority of a county court but which, by reason
of its form or contents or both, has the appearance of having been issued under such an authority.
Section 135 of the Act makes it an offence to deliver or cause to be delivered to any person any paper
falsely purporting to be a copy of any summons or other process of a county court, knowing it to be
false, or to act or profess to act under any false colour or pretence of the process or authority of a
county court."
bertz
No doubt the debt collectors will be Windsor Smythe and Partners, who will then step up the treatening langauge. After a couple of letters (charged at £20 a time + 8% interest) they will send you unstamped court papers in an attempt to scare you into paying. This on its own is probably breaking the law and has been much documented on this forum.

I'm on my 3rd set of unstamped court papers and "FINAL NOTICE BEFORE LEGAL ACTION" letters, and to be honest, i'm running out of drawer space for all the cr*p they send! If only i had an open fire in my front room i could put it all to good use!

My advice is ignore, i made the mistake of contacting them and that's probably why they aren't giving up. Once they sense they have a chance to get you to pay up, it's well worth the price of a stamp to them!
Discocrazy2
Spoke to my Solicitor and they have adviced me not to contact OPC and send back letters unopend to debt collection agencys then wait to go to court so they can try and prove their claim against me
neil24103

think you need to just keep giving out council tickets as you no nothing about private parking tickets
Slow Driver
QUOTE (nimh999 @ Thu, 10 Jan 2008 - 22:57) *
So you are saying that without going to court and winning in a court they can send debt collectors and bailiffs round.

I don't think so.

In this particular quote I think you are the "amateur legal d00d"

I never said that they can do it without going to court. You are putting words in my mouth. All I said was that "they can use debt collectors & bailiffs". There is a bit of a difference. Once you use the services of these companies they deal with the legal stuff as needed. That means that the PPC CAN use them doesn't mean the PPC will have to go to court first.

QUOTE (leegomery16 @ Thu, 10 Jan 2008 - 22:58) *
PCNs are completely different as they are creatures of statute (Road Traffic Act 1991).

Yes I'm aware of that..

QUOTE (leegomery16 @ Thu, 10 Jan 2008 - 22:58) *
You're a parking attendant. I'm a qualified solicitor. I'm with those who say ignore it. Wonder who people will believe.

It only actually matters who ONE PERSON believes in this case. My comment about the amateur legal doodz was not aimed at people such as yourself - It was aimed at people who are not professionals who will still give advise because they believe on moral grounds they are right and the law is wrong - If you see what I'm saying.

QUOTE (battyboomboom @ Thu, 10 Jan 2008 - 23:05) *

Not a fine.

Did I say anything to the contrary? - Bailiffs and debt collectors often do the legal bit themselves. You can use their services to do all the legal and recovery work.

QUOTE (bama @ Thu, 10 Jan 2008 - 23:08) *
slow driver, you work for (or own) OPC ?

it is a Con. PPCs break the law (lots of laws), they routinely lie and cheat to get your hard earned cash - my collection of letters is hard evidence of that.
Let them swivel - or try making an honest living.

And tell ALL your friends about this scam and how easily and simply it is beaten. The more that know the better - and the less income for the PPCs

No I do not work for or own a PPC. I would never go near one because their business operations in my eyes are too shady. I'd never want to be asociated with one. I work for a council where i have no targets to meet, I cannot be told what i should or shouldn't issue a ticket to etc. I work a fair and honest way.

QUOTE (nimh999 @ Thu, 10 Jan 2008 - 23:09) *
I work directly in the parking industry (I'm a parking attendant and I issue PCNs myself).

Well you are brave volunteering this information.

Industry. Exactly. Sod all to do with traffic flow, dangerous parking.

And which council, PPC do you work for?

Thanks. It isn't something I took lightly when I confessed but I figured I might be helpful in some way or another to some people.

Parking couldn't exactly be called an operation - not when it is run by so many different authorities, companies etc. Industry was the only word that sprang to mind to describe it.

Sorry I won't divulge what council I work for. If I did, I'd probably get some unwanted harrassment. I'm only doing a job mate - Issuing PCNs isn't a hobby - it's a last resort when you cannot convince a driver to move their vehicle to a more suitable location.

Slow Driver

Ignore

That wasn't a bluff & bluster from me on their behalf. I don't give a monkeys whether or not they get their money from this ticket. I was simply stating that the parking company can use these external services along with DVLA lookups.

QUOTE (Barnsley Boy @ Fri, 11 Jan 2008 - 08:32) *

Ignore

The quote is sort of half true. Anyone can hire a debt collector or a bailiff to "recover monies". What they always fail to mention is that without the inconvenient necessity of a court victory they can't actually do anything other than write letters and make phone calls. Even this is well dodgy if it is repetitive, oppressive or misrepresentative of the situation - it is usually all three.

At last, someone who actually understands the point I am trying to put forward.

QUOTE (Discocrazy2 @ Fri, 11 Jan 2008 - 16:35) *
Spoke to my Solicitor and they have adviced me not to contact OPC and send back letters unopend to debt collection agencys then wait to go to court so they can try and prove their claim against me

Thats probably the wisest advice given.

Slow Driver
QUOTE (neil24103 @ Fri, 11 Jan 2008 - 17:47) *

think you need to just keep giving out council tickets as you no nothing about private parking tickets

Actually I don't. I'm not obliged to meet any targets. I didn't claim to know everything about private tickets - You're just jumping on the "have a go at a Parking attendant because I can" bandwagon. If you read my answers to everyone else above, you might understand what was being said.

EVENTUALLY yes it will go away but often the stress is not worth it. The fear of the knocking on the door, the letters, the red letters, the phone calls, the big mean bloke getting out of his car outside your home etc. It can be pretty horrible to live through.
Wayne Pendle
QUOTE (Slow Driver @ Sat, 12 Jan 2008 - 20:19) *
EVENTUALLY yes it will go away but often the stress is not worth it. The fear of the knocking on the door, the letters, the red letters, the phone calls, the big mean bloke getting out of his car outside your home etc. It can be pretty horrible to live through.

An do you know what? more and more people are getting wise to this sort of treatment and more and more people are willing to live through it and fight these bastards.The practise makes a mockery of our law and the people of this country will end it one way or another; if the authorities play fair, then more than likely the people will follow suit.

Incidentally, what do YOU do when you know a line or sign to be unlawful? do you continue to issue?
Slow Driver
QUOTE (Wayne Pendle @ Sat, 12 Jan 2008 - 20:34) *
QUOTE (Slow Driver @ Sat, 12 Jan 2008 - 20:19) *

An do you know what? more and more people are getting wise to this sort of treatment and more and more people are willing to live through it and fight these bastards.The practise makes a mockery of our law and the people of this country will end it one way or another; if the authorities play fair, then more than likely the people will follow suit.

Most authorities that I've known do play fair. Of course I have heard of those that don't (like lambeth painting yellow lines where a car is parked and then issuing to it).

QUOTE (Wayne Pendle @ Sat, 12 Jan 2008 - 20:34) *
Incidentally, what do YOU do when you know a line or sign to be unlawful? do you continue to issue?

No, Never. I wouldn't be able to sleep at night. My motto is this: If in doubt, leave it out. Thats how I've always worked. I'm not out to persecute the motorist, I issue as a LAST RESORT if I cannot solve the problem first but only where it is legal.
battyboomboom
QUOTE (Slow Driver @ Sat, 12 Jan 2008 - 20:10) *
QUOTE (battyboomboom @ Thu, 10 Jan 2008 - 23:05) *

Not a fine.

Did I say anything to the contrary? - Bailiffs and debt collectors often do the legal bit themselves. You can use their services to do all the legal and recovery work.

If we're going to be pedantic, recovering money is actually getting the money from the person. Not writing them letters and harrassing them.
His Grace
QUOTE (Slow Driver @ Sat, 12 Jan 2008 - 21:07) *
< .... snipped .... >

No, Never. I wouldn't be able to sleep at night. My motto is this: If in doubt, leave it out. Thats how I've always worked. I'm not out to persecute the motorist, I issue as a LAST RESORT if I cannot solve the problem first but only where it is legal.

Friendly suggestion for a more useful motto: "When in hole, stop digging". :-)
Wayne Pendle
Most authorities that I've known do play fair. Of course I have heard of those that don't (like lambeth painting yellow lines where a car is parked and then issuing to it).

I guess that would depend on ones' interpretation as to what 'fair' is; shame, stick around on here and if you have an ounce of the self respect you profress to having, you will be as angry at your profession as us within a few months.

YOU might not be able to sleep at night but many of your colleagues would have no problem (as you've already confirmed on the other thread), you see, if the system you operated under was fair, then you would use WE, anything otherwise suggests that you are distancing yourself from the system under which you work. I can assure you that dealing with Councils as I have done, means that one has to be able to pick up on small points such as the above (as well as learning it from Tony_Medusa).

I'll rephrase the question and think to your own conscience when answering, it is TRUTH is what's important, not scoring points;

What do YOU or your colleagues do when you know a line or sign to be unlawful? do any of you continue to issue and if you bring it to your employers or the Councils' attention, do they suspend the bay, lines etc?
Slow Driver
QUOTE (Wayne Pendle @ Sat, 12 Jan 2008 - 21:17) *

I guess that would depend on ones' interpretation as to what 'fair' is; shame, stick around on here and if you have an ounce of the self respect you profress to having, you will be as angry at your profession as us within a few months.

No need I've already been angry at things I've seen happen in the past though I will hang around and see what tales come up. I must fess up though I don't come here on a regular basis.

YOU might not be able to sleep at night but many of your colleagues would have no problem (as you've already confirmed on the other thread), you see, if the system you operated under was fair, then you would use WE, anything otherwise suggests that you are distancing yourself from the system under which you work. I can assure you that dealing with Councils as I have done, means that one has to be able to pick up on small points such as the above (as well as learning it from Tony_Medusa).

I'll rephrase the question and think to your own conscience when answering, it is TRUTH is what's important, not scoring points;

What do YOU or your colleagues do when you know a line or sign to be unlawful? do any of you continue to issue and if you bring it to your employers or the Councils' attention, do they suspend the bay, lines etc?

I'll re-iterate that the system is fair however some of my colleagues just seem to have a limited sense of discretion. I've worked for another authority which was much harsher though and they managed to win a lot of appeals somehow..

If I see someone in a car park without a ticket and they're using their phone or having their lunch - I ain't fussed. Some PAs will simply go for a ticket or tell them to move on. I don't worry about it - I'll let them stay as long as they don't then walk off and go shopping without buying a ticket! I could use the term WE but that might indicate I get on with all my colleagues. Some I don't, some I do. However my authority is one of the pleasant ones. While they do uphold the serious offences, they do also listen to people and in fairness have quite a low enforcement rate compared to some.

Ok I'll answer your question again as i can see it's really something you want to know about:
Yes we do report things. We have a log book which lines, signs and other faults are reported to. Once an issue is raised management pass it down to us via a supervisor for us to leave it alone - Actually it tends to be an order. We have a good number of single yellow lines with no sign at the moment. Because of the lack of sign, they cannot be enforced. That means we cannot issue a ticket there. We've never had bays suspended but generally if something isn't right we get told to leave it alone while the public continue to use the parking facility without enforcement. I don't really know how else I can prove my worth around here. Obviously having a PA as a member of this forum is going to be contraversial no matter how hard I try to be nice. I guess the only way forward is for you guys to make up your own minds as we go along!
Wayne Pendle
I'll re-iterate that the system is fair however some of my colleagues just seem to have a limited sense of discretion. I've worked for another authority which was much harsher though and they managed to win a lot of appeals somehow..

If I see someone in a car park without a ticket and they're using their phone or having their lunch - I ain't fussed. Some PAs will simply go for a ticket or tell them to move on. I don't worry about it - I'll let them stay as long as they don't then walk off and go shopping without buying a ticket! I could use the term WE but that might indicate I get on with all my colleagues. Some I don't, some I do. However my authority is one of the pleasant ones. While they do uphold the serious offences, they do also listen to people and in fairness have quite a low enforcement rate compared to some.

Ok I'll answer your question again as i can see it's really something you want to know about:
Yes we do report things. We have a log book which lines, signs and other faults are reported to. Once an issue is raised management pass it down to us via a supervisor for us to leave it alone - Actually it tends to be an order. We have a good number of single yellow lines with no sign at the moment. Because of the lack of sign, they cannot be enforced. That means we cannot issue a ticket there. We've never had bays suspended but generally if something isn't right we get told to leave it alone while the public continue to use the parking facility without enforcement. I don't really know how else I can prove my worth around here. Obviously having a PA as a member of this forum is going to be contraversial no matter how hard I try to be nice. I guess the only way forward is for you guys to make up your own minds as we go along!

If that's the case then that logbook can be tendered into evidence? You paint a very rosy picture yet unfortunately you answers don't correspond with the reality that many on here KNOW the system to be.

Also, do you just 'leave them alone and that's it? What happens to the penalties that had been issued prior to a declaration that the lines are incorrect; if you have never had the bays suspended, how then do you repaint the lines?
Discocrazy2
Thanks for the advice from Slow Driver im sure you get job statisfaction.
If one good thing has come from this im saving £25 a week by not shopping at tescos total boycott for 1 month so far wink.gif, which helped pay for the advice from my solicitor, who tells me that claims from private parking companys is becoming big buisness and Solicitors are getting more requests for help.
The main issue here is that tescos only have 10 mother and child spaces which are usualy full then they farm out 15+ spaces to OPC for Disabled users which is a fair number.
Then they have 100+ narrow car park spaces which with 3 children youngest being 18 months you cannot safely unload a car with out touching the car in the next bay with doors. What would you do ? Drive around all day destroying the ozone layer waiting for a space.
So i think that TESCO should look at there policys and who shop and when they shop before inflicting drivers with the likes of Private Parking Companys who only look at their own profets and run a in house system with attendants that look at individual driver circumstances and act on that.
jdfi
QUOTE (Slow Driver @ Sat, 12 Jan 2008 - 20:10) *
It was aimed at people who are not professionals who will still give advise because they believe on moral grounds they are right and the law is wrong - If you see what I'm saying.

I think on moral grounds, many people on here would agree that you shouldn't park in a Tesco disabled space - but we all disagree with (and will oppose using cogent legal arguments) the sending of a PPC invoice with its associated harassment.

If a tesco employee in tesco uniform was stood in the disabled parking area and politely asked people to move on who didn't fit the criteria (remembering it isn't just a disabled blue badge) then I would wholeheartedly support that.
Discocrazy2
Hi Every one.
I havent posted any more info about my PPC from opc since january as i have had no letters from them.
Untill last week.
They have past my details to Windsor smyth & partners who are calling them selfs dept collectors, I can find no record of the company.
the original £50 has increased to £162.65 inc interest ohmy.gif and is now called a Debt.
I have 21 days to pay which ends 5th may at midday tongue.gif .
If i do not pay they have instructions to proceed through the county court for recovery of a dept that dosent exist and failure to settle will effect on my credit standing.
I am more than happy for them to take me to court and to date i have not returned any letters to OPC and will not be replying to W S & P which are probably OPC under a different name and if any one knows different then please let me know.
I will wait until the county court pappers to arrive.
I do read the theads on a weekly bassis and have every one i know about this wonderful site.
Teufel
you have got the mesaage - pass it on !
Fredd
You've started a duplicate thread!

Please take the time to find your original thread - it's not difficult - and post there.
elizabeth
Hi,

Please help!!

I've recently received a OPC parking ticket at a local retail park. It's a very similar story to yours. I'm a busy mum with a 20 month old and I accidentally parked in a Disabled bay that was cleverly placed with 3 parent and toddler bays outside Boots! On my return to car within 10 minutes I had parking ticket slapped on my windscreen!! I was furious so I drove around the car park to hunt down the Traffic Warden. I found him and pleaded with him to withdraw the parking ticket but he refused and he happily showed the photo he took of my parked car and disabled bay sign clearly shown in photo!

Initially I thought about sending a letter within 14 days to OPC to dispute the £50 fine within 14 days or £100 after 14 days. But, when I came on this website I had second thoughts and thought maybe I should just ignore tickets and letters as you have.

But, I'm concerned that I will end up in court and my credit rating will be affected, fine and debt will increase etc.

Please let me know outcome of your situation. Did you go to Court? Did you pay "debt"?.

I need to pay £50 in the next 2 days. Part of me thinks I should just pay it for peace of mind and less hassle in future................

I'd love to hear from you. Thanks!!
whitewing
DO NOT PAY THESE CROOKS!

Your credit rating can only be affected if they take you to court, which they won't, and win, which they wouldn't, and you don't pay (see previous phrases).
Just ignore them, and the pathetic letters they will send til they get bored and find another victim.
If by some chance they find your phone no. and call, put your 20 month old on to deal with it, and record it so we can all have a good laugh.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.