Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Blocked in by land owner and ticket issued
FightBack Forums > Queries > Council Tickets & Clamping and Decriminalised Notices
nwdriver
Hi there,

I received my very first parking ticket on Friday, and the law abiding citizen I am, I'm fuming at how I got it! They story so far.....

On Friday (07/12/07) I parked on a piece of land near to my house in a village in Rossendale. I had been parked on it most of the day. When I went to go out, I noticed a sign had been put up in the car park stating it was private land and a £60 fine will be issued if there was no permit on display. I looked over to my car and there in all its glory was the ticket on the windscreen. At this point my rage was on the up, I noticed a car (turned out to be the landowner) had also blocked me in!!!

So, the firm had put up a sign, WHILST I was already parked there and then gave me a ticket. I rang the police regarding being blocked in and they said it was a 'grey area' as it was private land, said they sympathize with me but couldn't do anything. In the end I had to get my partner to come and pick me up and take me to where I needed to go. Now I was the only car on the car park and the landowner knew exactly what they where doing. I will upload pictures of the ticket, the sign and the car park later tonight when I get home from work.

I have read other posts and FAQ's regarding private parking. Was just hoping you guys could comment/advise on the situation. Foolishly I rang them this morning and spoke to someone on the phone who told me their policy is 24 hours to issuing tickets from erecting a sign, and he wouldn't have it that they did it in the same afternoon. But I cannot stress enough how this angered me as the sign and ticket went up within an afternoon. I hope ringing them didn't enter me into some sort of non-existant contractual agreement that I will pay the fine and their phone bill for the next 5 years. I didn't get angry on the phone though as I didn't want them to get any satisfaction!

BTW, the firm is :

Name & Registered Office:
PARKSAFE CARPARK MANAGEMENT LTD
OFFICE B 2ND FLOOR
56 BLACKBURN ROAD
ACCRINGTON
LANCASHIRE BB5 1LE
Company No. 05562959

Many Thanks,

Stu
neil24103
the ticket is only a invioce.don.t pay it/it is unenforceable
Barnsley Boy
Standard advice is to do nothing now. Wait for Parksafe to contact you. This costs them £2.50 to obtain your details from the DVLA. Opinions differ as to the best tactics as to how to deal with their correspondance. You can either write back denying any liability or just blank them completely [reputedly the best option]. They will lose heart and stop writing eventually.
Fair-Parking
Completely unenforceable. Keep the ball in their court. Don't reply to any correspondence as that feeds them and NEVER let anybody in who might arrive unannounced in order to 'discuss' the matter.
jdfi
Is your car still there then?
g_attrill
This is their website:

http://www.parksafe.webeden.co.uk/

It says they use uniformed patrol, but I suspect they also (mostly?) issue ticket books to land owners and let them ticket vehicles, it's possible the land owner had their kit ready but hadn't got around to putting up the signs, then they put up the sign and issued the ticket when they saw your car there.

The website is amusingly misleading, it talks about "illegally parked vehicles" and has a "Pay my fine" feature.
nwdriver
To JDFI - got the car out now! I was blocked in sometime mid afternoon I think, then moved the car at about 10.00pm when realised they had moved. Thanks for the replies. Got a gent helping me out on it now.

I didn't realise that they could issue tickets themselves. I still can't get my head round blocking someone in! Who's to say I wasn't a doctor on call.
jdfi
QUOTE (nwdriver @ Mon, 10 Dec 2007 - 15:22) *
To JDFI - got the car out now! I was blocked in sometime mid afternoon I think, then moved the car at about 10.00pm when realised they had moved. Thanks for the replies. Got a gent helping me out on it now.

I didn't realise that they could issue tickets themselves. I still can't get my head round blocking someone in! Who's to say I wasn't a doctor on call.

Precisely.

As you have got your car back, then ignore all invoices/letters, and tell all your friends and family about this website!
bama
the village newsletter perhaps ?

don't fergit the neighbours.
nwdriver
Yep - writing to the Village Newsletter, and the local freepress. They have x2 more sites I believe in the area. I didn't realise these cowboys existed. Too be honest, I can't believe ParkSafe have been contracted in such a small village. Website link emailed to friends and family! Great site.

bama
May be worth finding out how they 'got in'... if you can...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.