Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Help!! Is this PCN correct ( Are the bay markings incorrect )
FightBack Forums > Queries > Council Tickets & Clamping and Decriminalised Notices
sunburysuperhoop
Please click on this link to see photos of parking bay:My wife got a Spelthorne borough council issued pcn yesterday.Let me try to explain,there is a parade of shops in our local village,in front of them there are parking bays in which you drive into with the front of the car pointing towards the shops.The ticket states the car was not parked correctly within the markings of the bay or space.My wife has explained to me that when she arrived at the shops she parked between two cars that had overlapped the lines as well,as this was the only space left and she had our disabled daughter with her and was only going to be 5 mins she felt she had no option.There are a couple of issues i would like to address and i hope someone out there knows the answers.Number (1) there are about 40 parking bays but only one disabled bay which is always taken,should there be a certain ratio? Number (2) at the front of the bays there is an old solid yellow line running along the length of the bays,is this a case of incorrect markings?.Thanking you in advance for your answers.
legaladviser
If is is a private ticket all I can say is do a search and you will see it is unenforcable. Do not pay. If it is Council issued post it up here, removing personal info, so we can look it over. If you can obtain photos of bay markings/signage post those up too.
Teufel
what sort of ticket is it ?
sunburysuperhoop
It is a Spelthorne borough council issued PCN,i am hoping someone out there knows weather this ticket is enforceable and if not under what section of the 1991 RTA or the road marking regulations i should quote in my letter to the parking appeals.Thanks.
Chas820
Can you post a copy of the pcn on here(both sides)hide reg no/bar codes etc and do you have a pic of the plate on the pole giving the restriction.I think from memory Spelthorne pcn`s are correct BUT you never know,it`s all in the wording.
clark_kent
QUOTE (sunburysuperhoop @ Tue, 4 Dec 2007 - 22:18) *
Please click on this link to see photos of parking bay:My wife got a Spelthorne borough council issued pcn yesterday.Let me try to explain,there is a parade of shops in our local village,in front of them there are parking bays in which you drive into with the front of the car pointing towards the shops.The ticket states the car was not parked correctly within the markings of the bay or space.My wife has explained to me that when she arrived at the shops she parked between two cars that had overlapped the lines as well,as this was the only space left and she had our disabled daughter with her and was only going to be 5 mins she felt she had no option.There are a couple of issues i would like to address and i hope someone out there knows the answers.Number (1) there are about 40 parking bays but only one disabled bay which is always taken,should there be a certain ratio? Number (2) at the front of the bays there is an old solid yellow line running along the length of the bays,is this a case of incorrect markings?.Thanking you in advance for your answers.

There is no legal requirement to provide BB bays in a certain ratio and most Councils allow BB users to park in regular bays anyway if they are all full you can park on yellow lines.
Bays can have a yellow line running throught it and it will not affect the contravention of parking outside bay markings.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.