Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Grrrr, more poxy flashing GATSO on the A13
FightBack Forums > Queries > Speeding and other Criminal Offences
kittnut
Curse my luck. I'm still contesting one NIP(lawyer says wait!) and I'm fretting that I might get another. I was flashed last night on a strip of the A13 westbound from Dagenham to Barking. I say last night as its now got dark thanks to daylight savings. Anyway, I maybe worrying over nothing if no NIP arrives in the next 14 days but I need to get my mind off the waiting! Only thing that bugs me on that strip of road is how poorly lit the signs were....parrticularly next to the camera itself (ie one sign not lit at all and one only visible under light reflection from headlights).....anyone point me to a good source of material on the law of speed camera signage???

Cheers all.
nemo
QUOTE (kittnut @ Tue, 30 Oct 2007 - 17:53) *
..anyone point me to a good source of material on the law of speed camera signage???

Do you mean the 'speed camera' signs or the limit repeater 'roundels' ?

There exists guidelines for the visibility, conspicuity and placing of speed camera warning signs, but non-compliance with these recommendations does not provide a defence for, or mitigation of, a detected (alleged)offence.
kittnut
I guess I mean the limit repeater roundels....or whatever is meant to tell me what speed I should be doing on a section of road.
nemo
QUOTE (kittnut @ Tue, 30 Oct 2007 - 22:18) *
I guess I mean the limit repeater roundels....or whatever is meant to tell me what speed I should be doing on a section of road.

Try here..
jeffreyarcher
Repeaters never require to be lit, although, if they are not, they must be reflectorised.
Only the terminal (limit start) signs ever require to be lit.
They require to be lit if the road is a trunk or principal road, and either sign is within 50 metres of a street lamp.
If one is lit, whether or not it is required to be lit, the other must be lit also.
If they are at a junction, and any other sign at the junction 'for the same purpose' (no definition of that phrase) is lit, they must be lit.
Remember, though, that if there are street lights, and the limit is 30 MPH, defective signage is not a defence, although it may be a 'special reason' for not endorsing.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.