Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Flashed while giving way to Ambulance
FightBack Forums > Queries > Speeding and other Criminal Offences
sca
Hi,

First post. I think I was 'flashed' twice while trying to make way for an Ambulance with blue flashing lights. The camera was on the opposite side of the road. Speed limit is 30 and road goes downhill. I was doing between 35 and 40.

Q1 - Can a Camera on the opposite side of a 2 way road record my speed?
Q2 - If I get a NIP, how can I prove that it was give way to the Ambulance?

Kind regards,

sca
Faraway
The fact that there is an ambulance trying to get past you doesnt absolve you from breaking the law regards red lights or speed limits - if you are holding up an emergency vehicle then its their problem and their issue to get past safely. You do have to move over when its safe and possible to do it but certainly speeding or going through a red light wouldnt count as a valid means to avoid holding them up. It could be argued that you could have stopped instead. Read Para 219 of the highway code
The Rookie
Camera's can flash cars on the other side of the road, but they are rarely set up to do so...you'll just have to wait the 14 days until the NIP should have arrived with the registered keeper!

Simon
sca
Simon,

Thanks.

Regards,

sca
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.