Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: R v LB Camden, ex parte Cran and others 1997
FightBack Forums > Queries > Council Tickets & Clamping and Decriminalised Notices
clark_kent
Does anyone know where I can find a summary of the above case I've tried google without any luck?

Thanx
Teufel
not on bailii

you need access to westlaw or lexis - try your local library

or maybe someone here could help
mashkiach
QUOTE (clark_kent @ Mon, 22 Oct 2007 - 20:52) *
Does anyone know where I can find a summary of the above case I've tried google without any luck?

Thanx

Regina -v- Camden London Borough Council Ex Parte Cran and Others (1996) 94 LGR 8
25 Jan 1995
QBD
McCullough J Road Traffic, Local Government Casemap
1 Cites
1 Citers
A designation of an area as a controlled parking area was vitiated by the failure of the Local Authority to consult locally. The court expanded on the principles for consultation set out in Gunning: 'What kind and amount of consultation is required in a particular case must depend on the circumstances. A few general principles can however, be stated.
'The process of consultation must be effective; looked at as a whole, it must be fair. This requires that: consultation must take place while the proposals are still at a formative stage; those consulted must be provided with information which is accurate and sufficient to enable them to make a meaningful response; they must be given adequate time in which to do so; there must be adequate time for their responses to be considered; the consulting party must consider responses with a receptive mind and a conscientious manner when reaching its decision.'
European Convention on Human Rights 9
mashkiach
QUOTE (clark_kent @ Mon, 22 Oct 2007 - 20:52) *

Thanx

This is it.
http://www.bailii.org/ew/cases/EWHC/Admin/1995/13.html
(have the same problem)
bama
better late than never !

a 2007 question. this may be a record.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.