Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: PATAS Time Scale for Appeal
FightBack Forums > Queries > Council Tickets & Clamping and Decriminalised Notices
Thorn
Hi All,

Somehow I managed to miss the deadline to Appeal to PATAS within 28 days from receiving the NoR. The only grounds for submission of a "Statutory Declaration" do not apply in this case.

Now received an "Order for Recovery of Unpaid Penalty Charge".

Don't want to pay because I now know that the Parking Signs were invalid.

Any chance of submitting and getting an Appeal to be heard by PATAS at this late stage?

Thanks.
Teufel
patas has the power to extend if they deem it necessary

your tardiness is not of itslef a good reason

nohing lost by trying
Thorn
Agreed, thanks Teufel,

I will give it a go...............nothing ventured nothing gained.

How should I tackle this do you think?

Obviously in the very first instance I must do something immediately about the "Order for Recovery of Unpaid Penalty Charge".

Cheers.
spaceman
QUOTE (Thorn @ Wed, 31 Oct 2007 - 14:08) *
Agreed, thanks Teufel,

I will give it a go...............nothing ventured nothing gained.

How should I tackle this do you think?

Obviously in the very first instance I must do something immediately about the "Order for Recovery of Unpaid Penalty Charge".

Cheers.

Only way you can legally "do something" about the Order for Recovery is to make a statutory declaration.

However, Teufel is right, adjudicators have the power (seemingly unlimited!) to extend any deadline. Your reason for late submission had better be good though! 'Forgetting' won't cut it!

Try 'being away on business', although don't say it was abroad or they will ask for copies of your itinerary!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.