Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bowes Road/Brownlow Rd Box Junction
FightBack Forums > Queries > Council Parking Tickets & Clamping and Decriminalised Notices
radialink
I have been hit with a PCN regarding this junction. The back of my car was hanging over the box, The secondary pictures shows traffic was moving and in no way was I blocking traffic, and in fact my defence was that the back of my car would not have been hanging over if the box was marked according to the "Traffic Signs and Regulations and General Directions 2002". The hit was on 15th August and I received a reply to my appeal dated 20th September 2007. They ignored my main defence that the box junction was more than 10% outside the permitted limit, schedule 6, diagram 1043.
Can anyone help with advice before 3rd October(inclusive)? Is this worth going to the Adjudcator over this PCN? Thanks.
I would like to enclose the rejected letter from TFL and my appeal letter containing an aerial shot of the box junction, but dont know how to insert .jpg images. Can someone post how to do this? Thanks
legaladviser
Box looks totally illegal to me:

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&...p;z=19&om=1

No doubt our resident expert, Boxclever, will confirm.
viper
No sure about legality of the box junction. I must comment as a local resident in this area I am most pleased to see them start to enforce here as the amount of morons who just block the road is ridiculous.

If you happen to get caught out in future just turn right then they cannot give you a ticket but don’t sit blocking the junction
viper
If the box is illegal then worth talking it whole way as long as your point is legally sound I can’t see how you can lose

Ask them to do a site inspection. Now this will give them probelms laugh.gif
radialink
Viper,
the back end of my car was hanging over the grid, and the left lane traffic was moving, and I was not blocking anybody. The right lane causes drivers to cut in and block the centre lane. Could you let me know how to post scanned images of my PCN. Thanks
viper
Try Image shack website is: http://imageshack.us/

Then you can load up from your hard drive

I understand you can get caught out. I turn right in these circumstances if possible as they can’t do you for that. Been caught out once and just indicated right. My understanding is you are allowed in the box if turning right wink.gif
DW190
QUOTE (viper @ Sun, 30 Sep 2007 - 13:14) *
Try Image shack website is: http://imageshack.us/

Then you can load up from your hard drive

I understand you can get caught out. I turn right in these circumstances if possible as they can’t do you for that. Been caught out once and just indicated right. My understanding is you are allowed in the box if turning right wink.gif

Even if you decide to turn right you may have contravended when you entered. The contravention occurs when you enter the box at a time when your exit is not clear.
viper
Yeah I nearly got caught out at a notorious junction and realised I would not get through. Indicated right, then turned right have not heard anything. Thought it was a safer bet that sitting on the box for extended period of time.

My understanding was if you turn right they cannot do you according to Highway Code. I guess they could say you changed your mind but if you turn right the Highway Code says you are allowed to enter box. As I say did not hear anything, sure if I sat in the box I would have
nimh999
QUOTE (radialink @ Sun, 30 Sep 2007 - 11:21) *
The right lane causes drivers to cut in and block the centre lane.
I use the North Circular Bowes Road often and I would say this is a very badly designed junction. There are three lanes one side of the box junction going into two lanes the other side of the box junction so even if your lane was clear when you entered the box junction, a vehicle either side of you if slightly quicker can pinch the space you were aiming for.

Don't know if it is compliant but I would question it's compliance on that basis.
DW190
QUOTE (viper @ Sun, 30 Sep 2007 - 20:13) *
Yeah I nearly got caught out at a notorious junction and realised I would not get through. Indicated right, then turned right have not heard anything. Thought it was a safer bet that sitting on the box for extended period of time.

My understanding was if you turn right they cannot do you according to Highway Code. I guess they could say you changed your mind but if you turn right the Highway Code says you are allowed to enter box. As I say did not hear anything, sure if I sat in the box I would have

Box junctions. These have criss-cross yellow lines painted on the road (see 'Road markings'). You MUST NOT enter the box until your exit road or lane is clear. However, you may enter the box and wait when you want to turn right, and are only stopped from doing so by oncoming traffic, or by other vehicles waiting to turn right.
radialink
I have the aerial shot below of the Bowes Road/ Brownlow junction. Presently the yellow marking are well worn.
Aerial image
Aerial view
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.