Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Wrong information on NIP
FightBack Forums > Queries > Speeding and other Criminal Offences
Steve Bensonn
My old fella has been camera snapped doing 38 in a 30.

When the initial N.I.P went to him (the registered owner) they have spelt Benson as Benon. He called them to correct them (I know!) but they seem to have not listened.

Yesterday he got a conditional offer of a fixed penalty 3 points and 60 quid or speed awareness course and 80 quid.

Now, should he accept the speed awareness or should he just ignore it as it's not really his name on the offer? (still Benon not Benson)

I'm sure Beckhams lawyer could swerve it but we can't afford Mr Loophole

What do you think?

Cheers,

Steve
nemo
QUOTE (Steve Bensonn @ Fri, 28 Sep 2007 - 12:08) *
What do you think?

The most straightforward option is to take the course.
scotsexile
Hi Steve,

Not my call but from what I have seen on this site & perhaps others will agree, take course, no points & no potential effect on insurance costs & no totting up commenced.
If you post the results of the nip wizard NB there is additional info required on page 2 then those bettered versed may be able to assist on technicality however I would recommend as above.

Regards,

Scotsexile
Steve Bensonn
Thanks guys, I thought as much but dad wanted to wriggle.

I'll tel him to take it like a man tongue.gif

Steve
EU_Foreigner
38 in a 30 and still offered a course? Would bite their hands off with that offer ...
nemo
QUOTE (EU_Foreigner @ Fri, 28 Sep 2007 - 13:12) *
38 in a 30 and still offered a course? Would bite their hands off with that offer ...

The [proposed] National Guidance for Speed Awareness Courses suggest courses could be offered for speeds of upto limit plus 10% plus 6mph.
EU_Foreigner
Thanks for clarification on that.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.