Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Is no news good news ????
FightBack Forums > Queries > Speeding and other Criminal Offences
Jokerfish
Hi. i was snapped recently in Tuxford late night coming back from friends now the problem is that i have not recived the first initial notice its way over 14 days now i cant belive that the b in b are so inept as to not issue a revenue voucher , the other thing is that if i had recived one i would have more than likely paid it as they had me bang to rights ( silly me ) but as no nip letter has arrived in 31 days im less inclined to hold my hands up i am pressuming / assuming that 1. it was never sent or 2. its gone astray in the postal system. can anybody give me a steer or advice. i think reading the postings that i will get a snotty reminder letter giving me 7 days to reply s172 driver identity . thanks Jokerfish
redloner
If it has been your vehicle for a while and you haven't moved house recently, you are probably in the clear.

All you can do is continue to wait and hope nothing turns up.
Jokerfish
Hi . the car been registered to me for several years so previous owner is not an issue nor have i moved house
i just belive that whatever happend to the notice the binb will follow the tried and tested squeeze the pips until they pop method of we say one thing you say another what we say goes we are never wrong and even if we were we will not admit it what i need is advice. ie what coarse of action to take when / if i get a follow up letter from from the binb
bama
Not all cameras are 'live'....
redloner
QUOTE (Jokerfish @ Mon, 24 Sep 2007 - 15:19) *
what i need is advice. ie what coarse of action to take when / if i get a follow up letter from from the binb

At this time, you are unable to complete the NIP Wizard. This is the cornerstone to the advice process. If you do receive correpondence about this matter, complete the NIP wizard and copy and paste your results in this thread, please.
The Rookie
When you say 'snapped' do you mean flashed by a static, if it was a Gatso they do use dummy radar flash units (much cheaper thna the real deals) to put the frighteners on people - looks like it works! ;-)

Simon
Jokerfish
Hi. by snapped im meaning front facing truvelo static camera so pic is of me looking stern concentrating on road ahead ( probably )
Jokerfish
Hi got "reminder" today ( 04.10.07 ) when i got back from work now bearing in mind that this is the first contact ive had on the matter i can only think that original has gone astray in post am going to do nip wizard and post and then will await advice jokerfish
The Rookie
PLease do, does the 'reminder' include a copy of the NIP/S172 request or is it just a letter?

When you do the Wizard it will suggest the RAC letter, which I would agree with, however don't forget the requirement to supply the drivers details (S172 request) is still valid, so I would either, include all required details in your signed letter and staple it to the NIP with 'please see attached' (a la old PACE ws guidelines) written across it, or written on the NIP but still with the two stapled together.

Simon
Jokerfish
Hi the reminder on frot side has. a letter was sent you have not replied etc etc

on the back is a pro forma s172 please fill and give us money
Wolvo1
Exactly the same thing happened to me however the ticket office told me that it is not their responsibility to get the letter delivered to you once they have received a post office signature that they have picked it up. They also won't give you another 28 days.

In short NO is the answer - the fact that the first one 'got lost in the post' or whatever will not get you off as from what I can make out the magistrate will assume you're making it up - after all everyone could say that couldn't they. The fact that about 5000 letters a day go missing is obviously inadmissable ! rolleyes.gif
The Rookie
Perhaps Volvo and the OP would like to read http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showto...20&start=20 if you want the truth - the magistrates courts may not know the law, but Judges do!

Simon
Jokerfish
Hi thanks for reply. im going to go and get pro advice today for referance. dont think it will make much differance as its all about they say this i say that in the end im not going to lose my licence and it will make no differance to my work situation only a large dent in my pride that i was so stupid to get scammered

i think that this and similar storys shows that the powers that be think long and hard about all the angels and make every effort to close all predictable loophole and make it very difficult for people with genuine fualts and complaints to get a fair hearing i, if you have a bucket load of cash to throw at it great good for you but for the rest of us it seems to be a damage limitation exersise. I like many others i presume who post on here are hard working people who genrally abide by the law and to get had up for what is after all a minor slip and a genuine mistake. reading other posts it also looks like even if you go to court the cards are stacked against you with holier than thou magistrates who take the word of the binb over yours as of course the whole world is going to stop if they are proven to be wrong the fabric of society ripped assunder riots in the street ( OH JUST ANOTHER SATURDAY NIGHT THEN....!!!! ) . of course the Police do a good job in difficult circomstances
and i dont think we should be without them. but as we all know they target that section of the population who are most lilkly to pay up not the multipule offending chav , druggie uninsured, untaxed, non moted,drunken driver and their ilk who will not pay fines or who will plead poverty and get a much reduced repayment tariff which they then do not pay anyway . SPLEEN VENTED that feels better Thanks to all those that have replied to my dilemma hope every thing goes well in the future. JOKERFISH
The Rookie
Read that thread again, he was cleared at appeal, not guilty, no points no fine....the LAW is on your side, if the NIP is not served correctly, legally the offence never occured!

Simon
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.