Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: no help with photo's
FightBack Forums > Queries > Speeding and other Criminal Offences
bigdog
Hi,

Found this site some time ago - thanks for the advice so far.

Recieved Unexpected NIP 31 May,

18/06 Replied via a polite letter explaining that I couldn't work out who was actually driving the car at that time as a number of people drove it that day and could they supply photo of driver as it was the front number plate that was shown (heavily retouched to look like mine by the way) on their web site.

15/08 Letter arrived stating that photographic evidence was only produced in the event of a court hearing a copy of the NIP was supplied and I was asked to view the alledged offence online ( as previously) and fill it in either myself or to nominate the driver at the time.
17/08 I wrote back again very politely requesting that any infomation that they may hold that could make it possible to identify the driver would in effect perhaps negate the need for even considering a court hearing. I explained that I'd shown the web site info to those who may have been driving and still knowbody could be sure who it was at that time. I explained that I had visited the area detailed on the NIP but could find no camera or warning signs. At this stage I asked if a map with the camera location could be supplied as the map service on the web site wasn't working.

17-09 a letter comes back (no map) as follow

I refer to your recent Communication regarding the above Notice.

Further to your correspondence, pleased be advised that the photographic evidence is only produced in the event of of a Court Hearing (I know this already right?)

Furthermore, the Camera that cought your vehical exceeding the speed limit at the time of the offence was a mobile Camera Van. In addition to this, the van has reflective markings making it clearly visible to see.

If you were the driver at the time of the alleged offence then please sign and date the relevant section of the NIP. Alternatively if you were not the driver at the time of the alleged offence please sign and date your full nomination on the NIP and send it back in 14 days.

Regrettably, if you are unagle to provide a complete nomination within 14 days then the matter could result in Court Proceedings. Please be advised we will not enter into any further correspndence regarding this matter.

Should I respond?

I still don't know who was driving - I've asked everybody that could have been and since the lated revelation that this was a mobile Camera Van I've spoken to everone again and I'm still non the wiser.Why are the Safety Camera unit so uninterested in helping me identify the driver?
bigdog
guys,

is it common to have requests for photo's bounced?
nemo
QUOTE (bigdog @ Thu, 20 Sep 2007 - 15:36) *
is it common to have requests for photo's bounced?

Not really. If nothing else, it could only be to the detriment of the prosecution and any case against you if the SCP were seen to have been less than co-operative in assisting you to identify the driver.

3 things:

1) Please visit the READ ME FIRST section (Click Here), answer all the questions in the NIP Wizard, and then post the Wizard's output back here to enable us to help you..

2) Did you provide the SCP with a list of all possible drivers within 28 days of your receipt of the NIP ?

3) And have you read the linked threads here ?
bigdog
I recieved Nip 28 of may - replied by letter stating that I wasn't sure who was driving at the time and could they please send me any photographic evidence to help me identify the driver on the 17th June.

15th August I get a letter pointing me back to the site that was no help in identifying the driver the first time round and confirmation that photograpic evidence would only be supplied at a court hearing.

I write back 17 August once again confirming the sites no use to me and respectfully requesting any help they can give me to identify the driver - also asking for specifics on the site of the camera as the description of the location on the NIP does not lead me to anthing not even a warning sign - also mention that other possible drivers cannot remember driving at that time.

Recieved another letter 17- 2eptember - declining to supply any other photos and pointing out that these would only be produced in the event of a court hearing. It askes me to fill in the NIp if I was driving or nominate somebody if I it wasn't me.......I need a third option that says "don't know who was driving" but there isn't one!!!!!!

The letter states if I am unable to "complete the nomination within 14 days then the matter could result in court proceedings. Please be advised we will not enter into any further correspondence regarding this matter".

Should I send the names and addresses of those that may have been driving at the time registered post now - it's not my fault it's taken them so long to reply to my letter is it?
bigdog
NIP Details and Circumstances
What is the name of the Constabulary? - Hertfordshire
Date of the offence: - May 2007
Date of the NIP: - 3 days after the offence
Date you received the NIP: - 6 days after the offence
Location of offence (exact location as it appears on the NIP: important): - B4505 Chesham Road, Bovingdon South, West of J/W Hyde lane T
Was the NIP addressed to you? - Yes
Was the NIP sent by first class post, second class or recorded delivery? - First
If your are not the Registered Keeper, what is your relationship to the vehicle? -
How many current points do you have? - 3
Provide a description of events (if you know what happened) telling us as much about the incident as possible - some things that may seem trivial to you may be important, so don't leave anything out. Please do not post personal details for obvious reasons - I don't know who was driving the vehical at the time of the offence it could be one of three people.

NIP Wizard Responses
These were the responses used by the Wizard to arrive at its recommendation:
Have you received a NIP? - Yes
Are you the Registered Keeper of the vehicle concerned (is your name and address on the V5/V5C)? - Yes
Did the first NIP arrive within 14 days? - Yes
Although you are the Registered Keeper, were you also the keeper of the vehicle concerned (the person normally responsible for it) at the time of the alleged offence? - Yes
Were you driving? - Unsure
Do you know who was driving? - Unsure who was driving

NIP Wizard Recommendation
Based on these responses the Wizard suggested that this course of action should be considered:

Generated by the PePiPoo NIP Wizard v3.3.0: Thu, 20 Sep 2007 16:09:27 +0100
mob
You really need to detail exactly what you have done in order to identify the driver. Merely requesting the photo's won't be enough if it gets to court.

Have you checked for fuel receipts? Mobile phone call receipts? Bank statements for the day?

I think you need to write back to the scammers detailing everything you have done to identify the driver. Make the list as comprehensive as possible and explain why you can't name the driver and provide the details of everybody it could be.

You really have to convince a magistrate that you have made every possible effort to discover who the driver was.
The Rookie
If you are the 'keeper' have to exhaust 'reasonable dillignece' in determining who was the driver was, asking for Photo's isn't enough and at the moment you will be found guilty of the S172 summons you will surely get.

What have you done so far to try and determine who was driving?

At the time of the offence who would normally determine who would be allowed to have the car? Is this (as its sounds) a co car or private?

The location of the offence is on the NIP, so the website map not working can't be classed as relevant!

Simon
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.