Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Parking in a disabled bay
FightBack Forums > Queries > Council Parking Tickets & Clamping and Decriminalised Notices
Stuart.
I got a parking ticket today off blackburn with darwen borough council. I am a newish driver and have never had a parking ticket or a speeding ticket. I spoke to the parking attendent that booked me and she recommended pepipoo. she also said that i have good grounds for an appeal as the bay wasn't clearly marked as a disabled bay. i'm a serving soldier and would never use a disabled bay, so this was a genuine mistake. do i have grounds and how would i do it
Nimbus
Why is a TA issuing tickets in the knowledge that 'the bay wasn't clearly marked as a disabled bay'?
EU_Foreigner
Because the issueing of the ticket goes to the monthly quota, even when it is cancelled later on
clark_kent
QUOTE (Stuart. @ Tue, 4 Sep 2007 - 22:07) *
as the bay wasn't clearly marked as a disabled bay

In what way was it not clearly marked, can you post a photo?
Stuart.
Stuart.
I've tried posting a photo but it wont display it, if you email stuart_ref@hotmail.com i'll be happy to forward the picture on
Stuart.
muckychimney
If you have the photo on your computer all you have to do is click add reply, that will bring the screen where you can type your reply in, below the box you will see attatchment editor, simply click browse, find your photo, then click upload...easy peasy tongue.gif
clark_kent
easy peasy indeed, lol!
andy_foster
QUOTE (muckychimney @ Wed, 5 Sep 2007 - 20:16) *
If you have the photo on your computer all you have to do is click add reply, that will bring the screen where you can type your reply in, below the box you will see attatchment editor, simply click browse, find your photo, then click upload...easy peasy tongue.gif

Non-subscribers shouldn't be able to directly attach files/images.
There are instructions in the FAQ for posting images.
Stuart.
CODE
[img]
C:\Users\Stuart\Documents\Bluetooth Exchange

Folder\DSC00086.JPG
[/img]
Stuart.

Thanks to ImageShack for Free Image Hosting
The Rookie
Its not clear in the photo, but there MUST be a word 'disabled' across the entrance to that bay in letters 350mm high for it to be valid.

Simon
jdfi
QUOTE (Stuart. @ Tue, 4 Sep 2007 - 22:07) *
I got a parking ticket today off blackburn with darwen borough council. I am a newish driver and have never had a parking ticket or a speeding ticket. I spoke to the parking attendent that booked me and she recommended pepipoo. she also said that i have good grounds for an appeal as the bay wasn't clearly marked as a disabled bay. i'm a serving soldier and would never use a disabled bay, so this was a genuine mistake. do i have grounds and how would i do it

She RECOMMENDED pepipoo? Wow. Now that is having support on the inside. Maybe pepipoo could pay to advertise on the back of council car parking tickets too!!

One question for the others. Are studs legal as bay seperators? Surely it needs to be lines? Also, is there a prescribed disabled bay for one of these perpendicular to the road bays?

Finally a personal rant of mine - the car next to your bay parked by driving into the bay (instead of reversing in as per highway code rule 177, which I accept is not the letter of the law), I bet noone was able to give that person a ticket.
patdavies
QUOTE (jdfi @ Thu, 6 Sep 2007 - 11:17) *
Finally a personal rant of mine - the car next to your bay parked by driving into the bay (instead of reversing in as per highway code rule 177, which I accept is not the letter of the law), I bet noone was able to give that person a ticket.

I don't see how Rule 177 applies to parking. It speaks of main roads, side roads and driveways.

FWIW, I always park nose in at a supermarket in order to be able to load up without trying to get a shopping trolley between two cars.
jdfi
QUOTE (patdavies @ Thu, 6 Sep 2007 - 14:01) *
QUOTE (jdfi @ Thu, 6 Sep 2007 - 11:17) *

I don't see how Rule 177 applies to parking. It speaks of main roads, side roads and driveways.

FWIW, I always park nose in at a supermarket in order to be able to load up without trying to get a shopping trolley between two cars.

I'm going off topic here, but surely such a perpendicular bay is analagous to both a side road or a driveway? The supermarket analagy I can understand. At my local Sainsburys, there are a number of bays that have a walkway behind them, so one can reverse in, load up from the walkway, and drive out. Anyway, off topic for this forum - the IAM have produced advice on the issue at http://www.iam.org.uk/pressroom/drivingtips/drivingtip2.htm might be of interest to some.

Apologies for the O/T.
Stuart.
QUOTE (The Rookie @ Thu, 6 Sep 2007 - 10:02) *
Its not clear in the photo, but there MUST be a word 'disabled' across the entrance to that bay in letters 350mm high for it to be valid.

Simon

there is no writing on the entrance to the bay at all
The Rookie
Then its not compliant....I think its diagram 1028.3 should apply, but I'm not an expert.

Simon
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.