Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: G24/DEBT COLLECTION AGENCY
FightBack Forums > Queries > Council Tickets & Clamping and Decriminalised Notices
NESSYT
I RECEIVED A PARKING CHARGE FROM G24 AT THE BEGINNING OF JULY. I WROTE TO G24 DISPUTING THAT I WAS THE DRIVER AND POLITELY INFORMED THEM THAT I HAD NO INTENTION OF PAYING.

THEY REPLIED WITH 2 LETTERS INFORMING ME THAT MY APPEAL HAD BEEN UNSUCCESSFUL AND THEN SENT A FINAL DEMAND FOR PAYMENT WHICH HAD INCREASED FROM £4O.00 TO £70.00.

I HAVE NOW RECEIVED A LETTER FROM COMMERCIAL COLLECTION SERVICES ON BEHALF OF G24 DEMANDING PAYMENT BY 24/08/07 AND CLAIMING THAT THEY ARE AUTHORISED TO PREPARE DOCUMENTS FOR THE ISSUE OF COURT PROCEEDINGS IF I DON'T PAY.

THEY ALSO CAUTION ME THAT AN UNSATISFIED COURT JUDGEMENT MAY BE LISTED WITH CREDIT REFERENCE BUREAUX AND WOULD AFFECT MY APPLICATIONS FOR FUTURE CREDIT.

THEY GIVE ME VARIOUS PAYMENT OPTIONS OR THE OPPORTUNITY TO DISCUSS PAYMENT.

WHAT SHOULD I DO NOW? IF I HADN'T FOUND YOUR FORUM I WOULD HAVE PAID UP IMMEDIATELY AS I THOUGHT THAT THE CHARGE WAS OFFICIAL AND LEGAL.

ALL ADVICE VERY GRATEFULLY RECEIVED.
Teufel
repaet the denial of liability

these people have NO POWERS they are only agents
nimh999
Is this the same ticket (crap invoice)?
QUOTE (NESSYT @ Thu, 12 Jul 2007 - 14:05) *
I RECEIVED A CHARGE NOTICE LAST WEEK AND UNFORTUNATELY APPEALED AGAINST IT BEFORE I FOUND YOUR FORUM.MY APPEAL WAS UNSUCCESSFUL AND NOW I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO. BECAUSE I DIDN'T DENY THE OFFENCE DO I HAVE TO PAY THE £40 WHICH WILL INCREASE TO £70 IF I DON'T REPLY IN THE NEXT FEW DAYS. HELP PLEASE!
It sounds like it is. You were given the correct advice in the first post and I would just send another letter to the debt collection t***ers telling them that this is in dispute. They should pass it back to G24.

Either be strong and do nothing after that or cave in and pay them what they ask for. Your choice.
Higs
I've been in exactly the same position with G24 and CCS. Each I got a letter from CCS I phoned them up and told them I would not pay (for all the usual reasons). They told me a load of guff over the phone (like the RK is liable), I told them they were wrong and at the end of the 2nd call they said "OK then, you're refusing to pay, we'll refer it back to G24"

I've never heard from either of them since.
Morti
I would not bother doing anything with this .. I would let it go to court.. to be honest it won't get that far!

For it to go to court and to win ..they have to prove u agreed to a contrat, and that you were the Driver!

also they cannot get anything put on to your credit history file!

Can I asked where you parked? I had dealing with this company in Norwich last December and i know some else on this forum who been trying to get them in to Court ... and I belive that they done nothing!

seach for Mozzman , G24

hope this helps!

Morti

PS ... just sit back and wait for something else to happins .. if it does then come back to this page and report the result for more advise!
Teufel
even if they prove there was a contract and it included a term to pay
a big penalty it is STILL unenforceable as the penalty is not linked to their loss

see lord dunedin in dunlop v new motor co - a house of lords jugement which is still
good law
Higs
QUOTE (Morti @ Thu, 23 Aug 2007 - 23:44) *
I would not bother doing anything with this ...
A valid approach.

I just phone them up and hassle them everytime I get something because I want to give them a bit of grief back. It has no effect on how things progress (but I enjoy it!).
Morti
if u calling them and giving them hassle it saying that you carew however it also tell them you have money to burn my friend .. so just don't contact them! ... let them contact you and they will end up costing them more !
snowmoon
I'm also in the middle of a dispute with G24/CCS. Car park in Norwich so may have been the same one where you parked Morti. The usual stuff about my credit files / court case etc. The latest is another letter form CCS saying they are now preparing papers for a court case and therefore I would be liable for the £40 court fee!

I intend to do nothing of course. But if I have a few minutes to spare I might send them both a fake cheque with 'Get Stuffed' written on it. I won't put a stamp on the envelop but I'd write 'Urgent! Payment enclosed' on it. (Got the idea from another thread. Think it's hilarious!)
Morti
QUOTE (snowmoon @ Sat, 22 Mar 2008 - 21:18) *
I'm also in the middle of a dispute with G24/CCS. Car park in Norwich so may have been the same one where you parked Morti. The usual stuff about my credit files / court case etc. The latest is another letter form CCS saying they are now preparing papers for a court case and therefore I would be liable for the £40 court fee!

I intend to do nothing of course. But if I have a few minutes to spare I might send them both a fake cheque with 'Get Stuffed' written on it. I won't put a stamp on the envelop but I'd write 'Urgent! Payment enclosed' on it. (Got the idea from another thread. Think it's hilarious!)

to be honest I have not herd of anyone who has being taken to court over this issue so i would not bother about it!

I have neaver herd back from them and I never paid the fine! (have not even got confirmation that it was revoked)

have you sent a PM to Mozzman?

how long ago was your offence? if any one comes to your door just say induspute and close the door!

hope this helps

Morti
leegomery16
QUOTE (Morti @ Sat, 22 Mar 2008 - 23:38) *
offence?

Alleged breach of contract. An offence is a contravention of the criminal law wink.gif
Morti
QUOTE (leegomery16 @ Sun, 23 Mar 2008 - 00:46) *
QUOTE (Morti @ Sat, 22 Mar 2008 - 23:38) *
offence?

Alleged breach of contract. An offence is a contravention of the criminal law wink.gif

can we have a progress report pls?
now it over a year old!
Transit man
QUOTE (Morti @ Mon, 20 Jul 2009 - 23:26) *
can we have a progress report pls?
now it over a year old!

Probably the same as most PPC threads, so long as it was ignored, they went away laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.