Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Another Private carpark charge question
FightBack Forums > Queries > Council Tickets & Clamping and Decriminalised Notices
CMPTOM
Hello guys,

My question is similar to Julesmay's, i recieved this 'Parking Notice' in a service yard behind Little Fifteen in Wigan. I was parking outside a music venue for a gig which i was supplying an emergency PA for. I believed the service yard was shared, as it's surrounded by a couple of bars.

However when i returned to my car, i had this slapped to my car:

PARKING CHARGE TICKET PICTURE

What my question relates to though - is the blank 'reason for issue' box. Where do i stand with this?
I believe there is a sign besides this yard (where everyone parks), i'll go and get a picture of it tonight to show you all the wording.

I've been scanning all the other threads for answers but nothing is really reassuring me that just ignoring it is the best option.

The venue owner told me to ignore it, they hand out around 40 on a friday night and only get back 2... and never seem to follow up.

Thanks for any help in advance.
Tom
Higs
QUOTE (CMPTOM @ Thu, 2 Aug 2007 - 13:31) *
...The venue owner told me to ignore it...
He/She's right. You may get a few letters from the parking co and their pet debt collection agency but, at the end of the day, they know they don't have any legal claim on your cash.
nimh999
QUOTE (CMPTOM @ Thu, 2 Aug 2007 - 13:31) *
I've been scanning all the other threads for answers but nothing is really reassuring me that just ignoring it is the best option.

The venue owner told me to ignore it, they hand out around 40 on a friday night and only get back 2... and never seem to follow up.
Good advice. If you can stand nasty threatening letters (sticks and stones and all that), then all that will happen is that this will go away.

The best advice is to keep reading other posts about private parking tickets (invoices). You will soon become more confident at ignoring any letters they may send your way.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.