Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: date of summons
FightBack Forums > Queries > Speeding and other Criminal Offences
Richards 7
Hi

I thought that 6 months after being clocked by a camera you were safe. Hence after this time I assumed I was safe and did not carry on correspondance with this matter. Now a summons has arrived for my wife with a post mark Friday, but the summons is dated 3+ weeks earlier. Is the post system that bad at the courts or is someone 'postdating' the summons so it remains 'in time'. Either way what should I do now??? Any suggestions please

Thanks
BaggieBoy
It's quite common for the information to be laid at the last minute (beating the 6 months deadline), the summons then being sent out several weeks later.

Is it related to this case:

http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showtopic=19121&hl=

If so you really should post back in that thread.
Niko8
Hey im in the same position I havent recieved a summons yet? though. Was caught on camera 1st of Jan. Does anyone know if this is "Normal procedure" and how long time can they backdate?
picko
They cannot backdate a summons and it is worth checking what information was laid at the date they claim it was laid. There is a standard which shows how much information should be laid down before 6 months, if this is not met then then the summons is invalid.

You may find this from CJM99 helps explain. Have a look at the link. Original post is HERE

Linked Document is HERE

QUOTE (cjm99 @ Tue, 26 Jun 2007 - 12:11) *
You may wish to read Click to view attachment
The onus of proof will lie with the Crown.

You will have to be tried in the magistrates court because the speed indicates that a ban will at the least be considered. (if guilty, you will be).

Enter a not guilty plea, later, you should put them on notice to prove the information was 'complete' and laid within the six months, and explain fully the delay in summons service.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.