Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fixed Penalty Notice for using a Mobile Phone
FightBack Forums > Queries > Speeding and other Criminal Offences
alexl
I was given a fixed penalty for using my mobile phone today, which to be fair I was however after filling out the form signing it and giving to me I have now realised that he did not actually fill in my whole reg. its a personal plate and he has only put the first 2 characters of 5 on the form.

Does anybody know where I stand with this from a dismissal point of view?

Cheers
RD400E
Interesting glare.gif
Did he take a sum of cash from you? or did he give you a verbal caution, blah blah?

If he only wrote down 2 of the 5 characters on a charge sheet how are the courts going to chase you?

Do you have a copy/image of this 'form' ? washed of personal details would be preferable to post here !
J22
Just read this & it's very similar to my problem: http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showtopic=21096
In effect it's the same thing - a FPN without the registraion number or with only part of it written down.
clean for20years
I would ignore it BUT use the cash to buy a hands free kit

phones and driving do not mix
/dev/null
Wait and see if you get a reminder - if not then you should be in the clear. Did he not log it down in his notebook or anything? Did he have camera evidence?
alexl
As far as I know he didn't note anything further down anywhere else other than the stuff on the fixed penalty notice, I'm not sure whether he had camera evidence, it was a vauxhall vectra 55 reg, I did look but couldn't see anything obvious on the dash that looked like a camera and he didn't say anything about evidence of having me on tape. He was waiting in a petrol station and I was on the phone as I drove past, he said thats why he stopped me

He didn't take anything else from me as I didn't have any ID on me - I have to produce driving license, MOT and insrance within 7 days - wasn't a caution, I have the FPN
alexl
/dev/null

Just read the back of the FPN in more detail and states in bold. WARNING - You will not receive a reminder to pay this penalty
pabxxv
HI All
Ive just been done on Friday for using Mobile phone. Stupid I know, but my hands free is busted (no power).. showed pod but theres still no excuse.

I received a Fixed Penaly Notice from the 2 bobbies.

Do they have to caution you or not please?
Resident Bobby
QUOTE (pabxxv @ Sun, 15 Feb 2009 - 21:58) *
HI All
Ive just been done on Friday for using Mobile phone. Stupid I know, but my hands free is busted (no power).. showed pod but theres still no excuse.

I received a Fixed Penaly Notice from the 2 bobbies.

Do they have to caution you or not please?

Yes they should caution you,the "when questioned" being replaced by "now".

If you didn't hear the caution so be it (and i'm not implying anything ill toward anyone here) but you can bet your bottom dollar the officer will say he did.
pabxxv
Thanks for the reply
There were two coppers in the car but It was a traffic plain car (fully equipped), so I wuld imagine it would have recording facility? I was just wondering if it would be worth asking the question, as they didnt caution me at any time. I remember teh conversation well.
jobo
they dont have to caution you if there giving out an fpn

they should have if they are going to use what you said in evidence, though thats iffy
pabxxv
cheers

oh well lol

bugger
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.