Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: parking bays
FightBack Forums > Queries > Council Parking Tickets & Clamping and Decriminalised Notices
muckychimney
Since being a member on here I notice traffic signage a lot more than what I used to, now I think im right here so if im not someone correct me.

Parking bays... ive noticed that nearly all local residents only and for that matter say the 2 hour max stay no return within ** bays etc are not segregated as in TSRGD 2002 http://www.opsi.gov.uk/si/si2002/023113bm.gif ,they are just one big bay maybe 50 - 100mtrs in length, so then would they not be enforceable as they do not comply with the said regulations ?

Only a friend of my bro's had a ticket for not displaying a permit and I just wondered if she could get off quoting this reg not being adheered to.
Teufel
this currently is not adjudicated upon

a number of threads here are following various claims over this

seacrh on +1032+bay
Box Clever
QUOTE (muckychimney @ Sun, 3 Jun 2007 - 19:38) *
Parking bays... ive noticed that nearly all local residents only and for that matter say the 2 hour max stay no return within ** bays etc are not segregated as in TSRGD 2002 http://www.opsi.gov.uk/si/si2002/023113bm.gif ,they are just one big bay maybe 50 - 100mtrs in length, so then would they not be enforceable as they do not comply with the said regulations ?

Post a photo if you can. Do the search that Teufel suggested.

A large proportion of the parking markings are not correct, but so far no-one seems to have won a case on that basis. (Correct me if I'm wrong - anyone)

This thread (look towards the end) contains a test case which is taking place in Scotland but is applicable to the UK.

If your friend is prepared to gamble £50 I'm sure that there are a lot of participants here who would like to see a UK test case, so you will get plenty of help.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.