Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Parking ticket even with a blue badge!!!!!!!!!!
FightBack Forums > Queries > Council Parking Tickets & Clamping and Decriminalised Notices
kel2205
Hi all

Im from Scotland and recently went on a trip to watford. Im unfamilar with parking laws down south so before I parked on a single yellow line I managed to find a parking warden. I asked him if I could park on a single yellow line with my blue disabled badge even though on a small sign it stated No parking between 8am and 6 pm. No problem he replied you can park at any time as long as you display your badge.
Great I thought, must be the same as scotland...where we're not plagued with as many traffic wardens . So I took his advice and parked. When I came back to my car there was a ticket. The reason was I hadnt displayed a time clock. I actually had to google that one when i got home as we dont have time clocks in scotland there are no time limits to parking with a disabled badge.

Is there anything I can do? I cant display a time clock if I dont have one?? I was only pared for about 20 mins and I was taking their advice? Also there were no signs saying disabled badge holders have to dispaly time clocks.

Any advice would be most appreciated.
Thank you
DW190
QUOTE (kel2205 @ Thu, 31 May 2007 - 13:14) *
Hi all

Im from Scotland and recently went on a trip to watford. Im unfamilar with parking laws down south so before I parked on a single yellow line I managed to find a parking warden. I asked him if I could park on a single yellow line with my blue disabled badge even though on a small sign it stated No parking between 8am and 6 pm. No problem he replied you can park at any time as long as you display your badge.
Great I thought, must be the same as scotland...where we're not plagued with as many traffic wardens . So I took his advice and parked. When I came back to my car there was a ticket. The reason was I hadnt displayed a time clock. I actually had to google that one when i got home as we dont have time clocks in scotland there are no time limits to parking with a disabled badge.

Is there anything I can do? I cant display a time clock if I dont have one?? I was only pared for about 20 mins and I was taking their advice? Also there were no signs saying disabled badge holders have to dispaly time clocks.

Any advice would be most appreciated.
Thank you

I would write informally to the council involved (assuming it is a PCN from a council) and enclose a copy of the rules that are applied for Scotland mentioning that you are not provided with time clocks in Scotland. In the meantime can you scan and post the ticket washing identifying marks.
Teufel
the rules for blue badges are clear - it is for the user to ascertain the local regs
and case law supports this

that said councils cannot impose uncertain unfair or burdensome
regulations upon the disabled

you shoudl appeal on this basis
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.