Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Pending ticket for contravening traffic lights
FightBack Forums > Queries > Speeding and other Criminal Offences
Singham
Hi,

I was stopped by police and issued ticket(3 points + £60 fine) for contravening traffic lights. I was panicked and got intimitated. I didn't agree that I jumped the lights neither I denied it. After thinking about it for a while, I recollected that I infact stopped on the light. I believe that its mistaken identity and I am being punished for some one else fault.

I requested for court hearing and written a letter stating the situation. This happened in the third week of January. All I got back from the Police was a letter that they have received my communication. I haven't heard back any thing since then. Its more than 4 months now.

Questions:
1) Should I get in touch with the police and ask for the status?
2) My insurance renewal is due in a week. Whether I have to tell them about this pending ticket? Will it affect my insurance quote?

Thanks.
Singham
Another question
3) Is it true that If I haven't heard any thing back from with in 6 month(By July in my case), the PCN is void?
BAILIFFCHASER
Yes and no. make it 6 months and as you have not recieved a prosecution notice within the 14 days do not worry.
fatboytim
Bailiffchaser,
He was stopped at the time and given the ticket, that would be within 14 days of the offence.

Singham,
Silence is golden, why do you want to remind them?
It's their move not yours,
You will just have to wait it out,
If you recieve a summons, come back and we will try and help.

fatboytim
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.