Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Help - COFP - What my next step
FightBack Forums > Queries > Speeding and other Criminal Offences
MARTLAND
I have followed the guidelines suggested under the NIP wizzard and have received the Conditional Offer of Fixed Penalty for doing 38 in a 30 limit.

What do I do now?

I have posted below the details from the wizzard.

NIP Details and Circumstances
What is the name of the Constabulary? - Cheshire
Date of the offence: - April 2007
Date of the NIP: - 3 days after the offence
Date you received the NIP: - 4 days after the offence
Location of offence (exact location as it appears on the NIP: important): - A57 Liverpool Rd, Warrington,>>Warrington Town Centre
Was the NIP addressed to you? - Yes
Was the NIP sent by first class post, second class or recorded delivery? - Recorded
If your are not the Registered Keeper, what is your relationship to the vehicle? -
How many current points do you have? - 0
Provide a description of events (if you know what happened) telling us as much about the incident as possible - some things that may seem trivial to you may be important, so don't leave anything out. Please do not post personal details for obvious reasons - I don't remember the incident what so ever and was shocked to receive the NIP as I have held a clean license for over 32 years until now.

NIP Wizard Responses
These were the responses used by the Wizard to arrive at its recommendation:
Have you received a NIP? - Yes
Are you the Registered Keeper of the vehicle concerned (is your name and address on the V5/V5C)? - Yes
Did the first NIP arrive within 14 days? - Yes
Although you are the Registered Keeper, were you also the keeper of the vehicle concerned (the person normally responsible for it) at the time of the alleged offence? - Yes
Were you driving? - Yes
Which country did the alleged offence take place in? - England
Mika
QUOTE (MARTLAND @ Tue, 22 May 2007 - 14:23) *
What do I do now?

You could try reading this cunningly disguised thread: What Will Happen After I Send My PACE Witness Statement?
MARTLAND
thanks for that, the guide dog missed that link!!! rolleyes.gif

I was worried that we needed to do something else other that just sit and wait for the summons.

Thanks for the excellent advice so far and I'll keep my fingers crossed it all times out now.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.