Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 50 in a 40 - Dual Carriageway
FightBack Forums > Queries > Speeding and other Criminal Offences
Gatso Test Car
I know I was speeding, sure I was not doing 50 mph. I think I was doiing 45 when it went off. (GATSO)

I see & hear on the tv, there is a lot infomation on the "dogey scope" and it's approval proccess. Has any one ever taken on the approval proccess for the Gatso? I am keen to find out as I feel I may have a case to challenge.

I am fed up and cheesed off as I have managed to escape capture for the last 20 years (nearly). This ain't a fair cop like the good old days.

These are the answers you've given so far:
Have you received a NIP? - Yes
Are you the Registered Keeper of the vehicle concerned (is your name and address on the V5/V5C)? - Yes
Did the first NIP arrive within 14 days? - Yes
Although you are the Registered Keeper, were you also the keeper of the vehicle concerned (the person normally responsible for it) at the time of the alleged offence? - Yes
Were you driving? - Yes
Which country did the alleged offence take place in? - Wales
Monster 900
Have another go at the "NIP Wizard" and include the extra questions on page 2.

It's worth asking for the photos "to assist in identifying the vehicle/driver" with GATSOs as if the gice you both photos you can calculate the speed for yourself. It matters little whether you were doing 45 or 50 as speeding is an absolute offence.

You're right, it's not like the old days, it used to be about road safety, now it's just about the money.
Gatso Test Car
Additional Questions Answered
What is the name of the Constabulary? - South Wales Police
Date of the offence: - May 2007
Date of the NIP: - 5 days after the offence
Date you received the NIP: - 6 days after the offence
Location of offence (exact location as it appears on the NIP: important): - A48 EASTERN AVENUE, CARDIFF
Was the NIP addressed to you? - Yes
Was the NIP sent by first class post, second class or recorded delivery? - First
If your are not the Registered Keeper, what is your relationship to the vehicle? - Yes Owner
How many current points do you have? - 0
Provide a description of events (if you know what happened) telling us as much about the incident as possible - some things that may seem trivial to you may be important, so don't leave anything out. Please do not post personal details for obvious reasons - Travelling towards Cardiff, and passenger noticed new Warning signs (Helecoptor's) that were fitted to lamp posts on road adjacent to hospital. Whilst listening out for these, we entered 40 zone from 50 zone we were over the Camera and off it went. Job Done. I have been told that the helipad was only used once and due to excessive noise and debris at the Hospital, it has not been used since. (This was before the the signs went up.)

(Provide a description of events (if you know what happened) telling us as much about the incident as possible - some things that may seem trivial to you may be important, so don't leave anything out. ?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.