Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Information Warning, Wembley Event Days, No Parking Allowed
FightBack Forums > Queries > Council Parking Tickets & Clamping and Decriminalised Notices
anotherticket
Mods, Please move to proper place if I've posted in the wrong group area.

Just thought I'd mention this, what with the new wembley stadium starting to host events again, FA cup tomorrow.
This is a 90,000 capacity stadium, & no parking was built into the design.

There is a 2 mile parking exclusion zone around the stadium. all side roads have a little sign saying 'event day restrictions apply', enforced from 8 am till midnight, you need a permit to park on these roads, & have to park in the bays if marked. (why it needs to be enforced all day for a match of 90mins)

It's a right PITA, my folks live in the exclusion zone, they can only have so many permits, & one Visitor permit.
I'm from a large family, & it's not unusual for me, & other members of the family turning up to visit the folks, this has knocked that on the head, as not enough permits.

Another problem, is if you don't follow sports or know what's on at the stadium, your going to get caught sooner or later,
Most of the people who have already being ticketed, are people like me or resident's.

The PA's fly around on mopeds, they started enforcing on the first day they asked the locals to turn up & test the stadium in March/April, I'm sure some returned home to find they were ticketed.

This can severely impact on a persons freedom to travel, as this stadium is going to be used for 30~40+ events a year, I can see, it happening on nearly all weekends & some midweeks.

John P
Teufel
today wembly tomorrow britain

welcome to the stalinist republic of blair and brown
spaceman
QUOTE (anotherticket @ Fri, 18 May 2007 - 19:06) *
Mods, Please move to proper place if I've posted in the wrong group area.

Just thought I'd mention this, what with the new wembley stadium starting to host events again, FA cup tomorrow.
This is a 90,000 capacity stadium, & no parking was built into the design.

There is a 2 mile parking exclusion zone around the stadium. all side roads have a little sign saying 'event day restrictions apply', enforced from 8 am till midnight, you need a permit to park on these roads, & have to park in the bays if marked. (why it needs to be enforced all day for a match of 90mins)

It's a right PITA, my folks live in the exclusion zone, they can only have so many permits, & one Visitor permit.
I'm from a large family, & it's not unusual for me, & other members of the family turning up to visit the folks, this has knocked that on the head, as not enough permits.

Another problem, is if you don't follow sports or know what's on at the stadium, your going to get caught sooner or later,
Most of the people who have already being ticketed, are people like me or resident's.

They PA's fly around on mopeds, they started enforcing on the first day they asked the locals to turn up & test the stadium in March/April, I'm sure some returned home to find they were ticketed.

This can severely impact on a persons freedom to travel, as this stadium is going to be used for 30~40+ events a year, I can see, it happening on nearly all weekends & some midweeks.

John P

Yet another reason why God invented public transport biggrin.gif .
whitewing
8am-midnight is clearly taking-the-piss revenue raising and nothing to do with traffic control.
A few hours in the afternoon would easily do the job, and minimise disruption to residents and their visitors.
anotherticket
QUOTE (whitewing @ Sat, 19 May 2007 - 22:41) *
8am-midnight is clearly taking-the-piss revenue raising and nothing to do with traffic control.
A few hours in the afternoon would easily do the job, and minimise disruption to residents and their visitors.

Yep, your so right, tomorrow is the conference league final at Wembley, so the only time you can park legally is between midnight Sat until Sun 8am, eight hours out of 48. No lie in on Sunday then sad.gif

It's the same with CPZ's, don't visit half the people i should, or visa versa, due to can't park on there road or mine, ad infinitum. Quite a socially divisive system.

Also when one area gets a CPZ, everyone parks just outside it, so the councils bring in another CPZ, & on & on it goes. Eventually the whole country will be a controlled zone.

Once youve dug up all your front gardens, to park your motor. the councils will bring out a tax or law on that as well.

SPACEMAN
Can't use public transport, it's full of football fans. that is the transport method for the stadium.
Anyway, don't see why we have to be put out for a poxy game.

John
Ziltro
I didn't think "event day" restrictions were allowed?
Have to state times & dates which people would expect to know? (eg. "bank holidays" is allowed)

Are you really saying that this brand new(?) stadium has nowhere for people to park? Don't they want visitors or something? How could they possibly make such a place with no previsions for people to actually get there?!
anotherticket
QUOTE (Ziltro @ Mon, 21 May 2007 - 02:58) *
I didn't think "event day" restrictions were allowed?
Have to state times & dates which people would expect to know? (eg. "bank holidays" is allowed)

Are you really saying that this brand new(?) stadium has nowhere for people to park? Don't they want visitors or something? How could they possibly make such a place with no previsions for people to actually get there?!

Yes it is new, or should i say different from the old Wembley Stadium.
Before they used to have yellow barriers on the side roads, operated by a PA or PC, that stopped people apart from residents from parking, but theirs no money in that for the council.
They want you to arrive by train bus or coach!

In theory there is nowhere to park, you can park on some of the business companies car parks, you usually have someone dodgy waving you in & then charging a large fee, probably no come back, it you car gets damaged or worst.

This coming bank holiday weekend there are 3 more events, that means i cannot visit my folks, there are some digital signs on main roads, one on the Harrow rd, after you cross the North Circular road, heading away from the stadium, saying event days May 26/27/28. going to be very hard to know all the dates the stadium is in use. Haven't got a clue what's on for 3 days at the stadium.

Where my folks live normally you can park on the pavement or the road when the events are not on, but when an event is on you have to park in the bays & not on the road, even though the road has no yellow or any parking restrictions, total joke.
What a stitch up.

That's 2 weekends in May already screwed.

John
DW190
Wembley Major Events
anotherticket
QUOTE (DW190 @ Mon, 21 May 2007 - 22:59) *

Handy link, good for me, I have Internet.

My folks don't & have absolutely no interest in the net, let alone know how to use it. God how i've tried blush.gif
They will get clobbered themselves even with their event day residents permits on display, if they don't move their car off the road with no yellows, to the pavements with marked bays.

John P
Ziltro
QUOTE (anotherticket @ Mon, 21 May 2007 - 22:42) *
Where my folks live normally you can park on the pavement or the road when the events are not on, but when an event is on you have to park in the bays & not on the road, even though the road has no yellow or any parking restrictions, total joke.
What a stitch up.

That can't be enforceable...?
DW190
QUOTE (Ziltro @ Mon, 21 May 2007 - 23:33) *
QUOTE (anotherticket @ Mon, 21 May 2007 - 22:42) *
What a stitch up.

It can if a temporary order is in place and "No Waiting" cones are placed at regular intervals. These are usually enforced by the police by issuing a FPN for causing an obstruction. They also tow away to make it more profitabble.
anotherticket

It can if a temporary order is in place and "No Waiting" cones are placed at regular intervals. These are usually enforced by the police by issuing a FPN for causing an obstruction. They also tow away to make it more profitabble.

No cones are used, it's for the driver to spot the EV sign usually as you enter a side road. I'll try & take some pic's during the week.

John P
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.