Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Essex Police......
FightBack Forums > Queries > Speeding and other Criminal Offences
EmmaB
Okay here we go....Essex police more annoying than an Essex girl wearing white stillettos singing karaoke.....

This post is on behalf of my very unlucky boyfriend who is a chauffeur in London and is doing the 'knowledge' so he really needs to keep his licence, he has 9 points with 3 due to drop off on 16th February 2007, until....

Valentines day 14th February 2007... Unlucky for me he goes to work via the A13 plodding along within the speed limit old bill sitting in the slow lane 'blimey' he thinks havent them idiots speeding down the fast lane seen the old bill next to me in the slow lane? No they pull him some 6 miles further along doing 60 mph in a 50, we are waiting for the summons for that one and i will let you know when........

Then Mothers Day March 18th 2007, the only day i actually get him to come to my mums with me!!

Going home dark wet evening 2 essex coppers 1 with a hand held gun, 1 in the copper car, my bf doesnt no the lanes in Essex where my mum lives very well and it was dark,
As they pull us over we both say what do they want as we did not see the gun at this point, then the copper (who look about 12!) tells us that we are clocked doing 43 in a 30, ten yards from where we are pulled it goes back into a 40,shocked and amazed as we really did not think he was speeding?
Anyway i get all larey ( as Essex girls do!) and am told to 'Get back in the car Madam!) Which the nice policeman put in his statement,
We received a court summons 2 weeks ago which we sent back and pleaded Not Guilty, the court date is actually when we are on holiday.
I have been back to the area where we were stopped and i have taken photo's,and noticed there are no warning signs that speed cameras operate in this area etc, but clearly the signs say 30 which we did not notice!
So we would really like some advice as to what to do now i have been reading Pepipoo for ages now i think its excellent but not posted till now,
We really need some HELP as we really need to fight this now as to what to do next, bf really cannot lose his licence as if he loses his job it would be an absolute nightmare all round with his PH Licence and his knowledge will go out of the window...he has been doing it for 2 years and has probably got another 2 years to go still, as you can imagine driving in London on a moped and as a chauffeur is an absolute joke, CCTv's everywhere, speed cameras every 2 mins, buses with cameras, traffic wardens, clamps..we were scammed by a dodgey clamping firm which cost us £ 175 last week, the Met police were involved and agreed it was a joke to,you name it we have had a fine for it , it is a nightmare i dread the postman now, it is becoming an absolute joke. All he does is look for the next new camera that has been planted over night instead of concentrating on the road...
Should we be writing to the constabulary for the full evidence and then the court to tell them we are doing so?
ALL HELP VERY MUCH APPRECIATED
THANK-YOU TO ALL
Em blush.gif
mrdc
QUOTE (EmmaB @ Sun, 13 May 2007 - 21:46) *
Okay here we go....Essex police more annoying than an Essex girl wearing white stillettos singing karaoke.....

This post is on behalf of my very unlucky boyfriend who is a chauffeur in London and is doing the 'knowledge' so he really needs to keep his licence, he has 9 points with 3 due to drop off on 16th February 2007, until....

Valentines day 14th February 2007... Unlucky for me he goes to work via the A13 plodding along within the speed limit old bill sitting in the slow lane 'blimey' he thinks havent them idiots speeding down the fast lane seen the old bill next to me in the slow lane? No they pull him some 6 miles further along doing 60 mph in a 50, we are waiting for the summons for that one and i will let you know when........

Then Mothers Day March 18th 2007, the only day i actually get him to come to my mums with me!!

Going home dark wet evening 2 essex coppers 1 with a hand held gun, 1 in the copper car, my bf doesnt no the lanes in Essex where my mum lives very well and it was dark,
As they pull us over we both say what do they want as we did not see the gun at this point, then the copper (who look about 12!) tells us that we are clocked doing 43 in a 30, ten yards from where we are pulled it goes back into a 40,shocked and amazed as we really did not think he was speeding?
Anyway i get all larey ( as Essex girls do!) and am told to 'Get back in the car Madam!) Which the nice policeman put in his statement,
We received a court summons 2 weeks ago which we sent back and pleaded Not Guilty, the court date is actually when we are on holiday.
I have been back to the area where we were stopped and i have taken photo's,and noticed there are no warning signs that speed cameras operate in this area etc, but clearly the signs say 30 which we did not notice!
So we would really like some advice as to what to do now i have been reading Pepipoo for ages now i think its excellent but not posted till now,
We really need some HELP as we really need to fight this now as to what to do next, bf really cannot lose his licence as if he loses his job it would be an absolute nightmare all round with his PH Licence and his knowledge will go out of the window...he has been doing it for 2 years and has probably got another 2 years to go still, as you can imagine driving in London on a moped and as a chauffeur is an absolute joke, CCTv's everywhere, speed cameras every 2 mins, buses with cameras, traffic wardens, clamps..we were scammed by a dodgey clamping firm which cost us £ 175 last week, the Met police were involved and agreed it was a joke to,you name it we have had a fine for it , it is a nightmare i dread the postman now, it is becoming an absolute joke. All he does is look for the next new camera that has been planted over night instead of concentrating on the road...
Should we be writing to the constabulary for the full evidence and then the court to tell them we are doing so?
ALL HELP VERY MUCH APPRECIATED
THANK-YOU TO ALL
Em blush.gif

Hi Emma

I think you have almost too much information in your messasge to digest.

Could you fill out a NIP Wizard for each one?, I know the results might not be relavent but it will help us to help you in a format we are familiar with.
EmmaB
NIP Details and Circumstances
What is the name of the Constabulary? - Essex
Date of the offence: - March 2007
Date of the NIP: - 0 days after the offence
Date you received the NIP: - 0 days after the offence
Location of offence (exact location as it appears on the NIP: important): - B1010 Burnham Road
Was the NIP addressed to you? -
Was the NIP sent by first class post, second class or recorded delivery? -
If your are not the Registered Keeper, what is your relationship to the vehicle? - Girlfriend
How many current points do you have? - 9
Provide a description of events (if you know what happened) telling us as much about the incident as possible - some things that may seem trivial to you may be important, so don't leave anything out. Please do not post personal details for obvious reasons - Pulled over by policeman holding a laser gun? Another policeman in the patrol car. Was told speed was 43 in a 30, lots of speeding cars going to past,very dark didnt know the lane wet windy evening.
Summons received 2 weeks ago sent back pleading not guilty, as court day is when i am on holiday, have not heard anything as yet, do not believe i was doing 43? as i was taking directions from passenger, policeman was holding gun i noticed layed flat against a reflective road sign to keep it straight?

NIP Wizard Responses
These were the responses used by the Wizard to arrive at its recommendation:
Have you received a NIP? - Yes
Are you the Registered Keeper of the vehicle concerned (is your name and address on the V5/V5C)? - No
Is the NIP addressed to you personally? - Yes
Although you are not the Registered Keeper, were you the keeper of the vehicle concerned (the person normally responsible for it) at the time of the alleged offence? - No
As you were not responsible for the vehicle, somebody else has named you as the driver. Were you driving? - Yes
Which country did the alleged offence take place in? - England

NIP Wizard Recommendation
Based on these responses the Wizard suggested that this course of action should be considered:

Generated by the PePiPoo NIP Wizard v2.2.3: Mon, 14 May 2007 17:43:09 +0100
Mad Mick V
EmmaB,

Regarding signage see the following

Site Signing Rules - Information from Department for Transport �" Handbook of Rules and Guidance for the National Safety Camera Programme for England and Wales for 2006/7

Site Signing Rules
All speed sites (core, exceptional and road works) must comply with the safety camera programme signing rules and all traffic signs must fully comply with the statutory requirements of the current Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions (TSRGD)* or be specifically authorised by the Department for Transport (DfT). Should TSRGD subsequently change, or any disparity emerge between the handbook rules and TSRGD, the latter will always take precedence.

The camera signing rules

Signing is required so that drivers can be fully aware of the existence of a safety camera site.

Rule 3: Signing rules
Camera signs will be co-located with speed limit signs where permitted and practicable

• For fixed speed and red-light enforcement, a camera sign must be placed not more than 1 km from the first camera housing in the direction being enforced (including or excluding side roads at the discretion of the partnership). For fixed speed enforcement, co-located camera and speed limit repeater signs, or the sign shown in diagram 880 where appropriate, must be placed to allow the signs and speed camera to be visible to the driver in the same view.
  • For mobile enforcement, co-located camera and speed limit repeater signs, or sign 880 where appropriate, must be placed in advance of the point of entry to the site or route (including or excluding side roads at the discretion of the partnership) in the direction being enforced. Camera signs must also be placed thereafter at intervals of around 1 km throughout the site or route.
Camera and speed limit signs must not be obscured but be positioned to be visible. Speed limit and camera signs should be co-located where this is possible. Repeater speed limit signs must meet the requirements of direction 11 of TSRGD.

Hope this helps

Mick
jaytu
Hi, correct me if I'm wrong but can't the Police setup anywhere without signs and it is only scamerati routes that need to be signed surveyed by scammer pratnerships in the name of safety, my foot.

Hope I'm wrong. Perhaps a more learned member can comment.

Regards
The Rookie
Jaytu, you are 100% right, besides the camera signing is for netting off and is not a defence against the subsatantive charge.

Simon
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.