Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Newby Query
FightBack Forums > Queries > Speeding and other Criminal Offences
alexb
Hi guys,

FIRST POST ON THE FORUM!

Just been told about this place by the crew over at edition 38

The situation that brings me here is that my old man has just recieved a fixed penalty notice from the local Magistrates court. However, when its come through ive had a look through it and the letter is all disjointed and bits of info are in the wrong places on the letter. The letter is in a fixed format but the information that has been typed in afterwards by the machine has put the infortmation all over the page and not in the alloted slots i.e.

E20X76875

ML05 XXX

Z7lkjhy

Offence: -

Reg number:-
£90
Account number:-

You are hereby given the notice that the sum of __________ equal to the fixed penalty

What do you reckon of the chances of getting off on these grounds or any advice as to where he stands legally.

Any help appreciated by the man ninja.gif
andy_foster
Sounds like he received a £60 FPN under section 54 or 62 RTOA 1988, which he did not pay and the court has increased it by 50% and registered it as a fine under section 71.
That however is the limit of my psychic abilities.

Did the story start with a letter from the court, totally out of the blue, or is there more that in your ifinite wisdom you decided that we did not need to know in order to be able to advise you?
Bluedart
QUOTE (andy_foster @ Wed, 9 May 2007 - 18:39) *
Sounds like he received a £60 FPN under section 54 or 62 RTOA 1988, which he did not pay and the court has increased it by 50% and registered it as a fine under section 71.
That however is the limit of my psychic abilities.

Did the story start with a letter from the court, totally out of the blue, or is there more that in your ifinite wisdom you decided that we did not need to know in order to be able to advise you?

I can see your crystal ball is not yet up and running! Not that it would do any good with a story like the above.
Reminds me of the song, "where do I begin, to tell the story............"
alexb
LMFAO!

Sorry dudes i should have been more specific.

Ok the offence was speeding in a 30 zone with a hand held device that caught him. The officer pulled him over and he was informed of what he was doing and told to sign a yellow slip (speeding ticket). He then had to take his licence into the local police station with the slip within 48 hours, to which he did. They took the slip and his licence off him and told him he had to apply to the DVLC to get his licence back once they would be in touch with further details. However, this is the first communication that he has received from them simply stating the fine amount and he still does not have his licence back. The letter is a blue letter that is off a dot matrix from the local magistrates court issuing a £90 fine. However, the letter makes no mention of any points etc that are to be added to the licence in question.

In the letter it makes reference to the fact that it has been registered in the court under authority given by sections 55(3) or 64(2) and 71(2) of the road traffic offfenders act 1988 (traffic cases).

Also the date that is on the top of the letter is the 03/05/07 as to when it was produced but he only recieved it yesterday (09/05/07) and it is asking for payment within 14days!

Hope this helps if you need anyhting else let me know thanks a lot!
alexb
Any help appreciated guys! unsure.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.