Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Advice please
FightBack Forums > Queries > Speeding and other Criminal Offences
Midlands-Andy
Hi, i was caught doing 73 in a 40 about a month ago and have now been summoned to court.

I was driving along a duel carrageway with a limit of 70 on a saturday night when all of a sudden i came to roadworks with a limit of 40 and about 50 yards into the roadworks was the camera that flashed me. It was also very dark and no other cars around.

any thoughts on this and what can i expect to recieve as punishment? i already have 6 points
andy_foster
Please visit the READ ME FIRST section (Click Here), answer all the questions in the NIP Wizard, and then post the Wizard's output back here to enable us to help you.
Midlands-Andy
your nip wizard gave these answers and also suggested i fill in a PACE

These are the answers you've given so far:
Have you received a NIP? - Yes
Are you the Registered Keeper of the vehicle concerned (is your name and address on the V5/V5C)? - No
Is the NIP addressed to you personally? - Yes
Although you are not the Registered Keeper, were you the keeper of the vehicle concerned (the person normally responsible for it) at the time of the alleged offence? - No
As you were not responsible for the vehicle, somebody else has named you as the driver. Were you driving? - Yes
Which country did the alleged offence take place in? - England

Problem is tho i have already sent back my NIP lastweek and recieved my court summons today which is when a friend pointed me in your direction.

i admit i was caught doing 73 in a 40 but because of the cicumstances of the camera being in roadworks on a road that is usually 70mph limit and the camera was also so close to the first 40 sign and it was also vary dark apart from my headlights could i recieve a reduced penalty?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.