Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 96mph on M4 - PACE advice?
FightBack Forums > Queries > Speeding and other Criminal Offences
lozza
Hi all,

Received NIP today which stated 96mph on M4 in 70mph zone - logged into their website, which showed my car/pictures/speed etc in full technicolour - no one else around and a clear sunny day. Photo distinguishes reasonably between my wife and I in the front seats.

NIP wizard output below:

Have you received a NIP? - Yes
Are you the Registered Keeper of the vehicle concerned (is your name and address on the V5/V5C)? - Yes
Did the first NIP arrive within 14 days? - Yes
Although you are the Registered Keeper, were you also the keeper of the vehicle concerned (the person normally responsible for it) at the time of the alleged offence? - Yes
Were you driving? - Yes
Which country did the alleged offence take place in? - England

Any idea what licence points & fine that will most likely be heading my way before I post NIP off:
- your magistrate guidelines appear to say 4-5 points, no disqualification. Any indication of fine?
- what would be a 'realistic' worst case scenario? Other than £2.5k and 6 points?

The PACE tactic appears to be a legal delying strategy, and waiting until the system times out?

Advice appreciated.
lozza
Hi all,

I am a bit surprised at the complete silence on this topic thread. Have now received summons for 18th December (very kind of them, 7 days before Xmas). Any views in terms of how to handle this?

My options appear to be:
1. Contest - not convinced this is going to get far.
2. Plead guilty - attend, grovel, and take it.
3. Plead guilty - do not attend, and await the paperwork.

What constitutes a fair penalty for this misdemeanour?
Keds
1. Contest - not convinced this is going to get far.
- it won't go away, if you do nothing, you will be found guilty in absence. You will be given the max no of points possible and a standard fine that does not take into account your means.

2. Plead guilty - attend, grovel, and take it.
- if it's so cut and dry, then plead guilty, you might want to see if you can take the fixed points and fine, if offered before you go to court, saves you time.
3. Plead guilty - do not attend, and await the paperwork.
possibly your best option.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.