Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: To wait, Or not to wait?
FightBack Forums > Queries > Speeding and other Criminal Offences
danny b
ok, so i got court doing 42 in a 30 (tempory roadworks - mobile speed camera). I was in the work van at the time and a week later the 'NIP' came through to my boss. He filled in my details and in a matter of days a 'NIP' dropped onto my doorstep at home.

I didnt fill the 'NIP' out i just wrote up a 'PACE Witness statement' attached it to the form and sent them off recorded delivery in the post.

Now today i have recived a 'Conditional Offer of Fixed Penalty' with no letter or correspondance and i dont know what to do?!

Do i ignore it and hope that nothing comes of it?
Do i ignore it and take a court summons?
Or do i just pay the £60, get the points and try to forget about it!

I just dont know how strong my case is and if is is worth all the fees and expense of taking it further? How likely are they to not persue?

ANY ADVICE!

Thanks, Dan
Monster 900
Best advice for now is read link (1) below, then fill in the "NIP Wizard" (Link 2), then post the results back in this thread.
danny b
Here is the result from the NIP Wizard......

Have you received a NIP? - Yes

Are you the Registered Keeper of the vehicle concerned (is your name and address on the V5/V5C)? - No

Is the NIP addressed to you personally? - Yes

Although you are not the Registered Keeper, were you the keeper of the vehicle concerned (the person normally responsible for it) at the time of the alleged offence? - No

As you were not responsible for the vehicle, somebody else has named you as the driver. Were you driving? - Yes

Which country did the alleged offence take place in? - England

Based on the answers you've given we recommend that you consider: Complete the PACE witness statement.

Which i have done......
The Rookie
Now do it again filling in all the boxes on page 2 before ticking yes/no so we have all the details?

2 choices
1/ If you want to fight on, ignore it and await any summons, but please read up on the experiences of people using the ws, although we are getting ever closer to an answer from Europe and the RCJ.
2/ Pay the money, take the points and forget about it!

Simon
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.