Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Should I still go down the PACE route?
FightBack Forums > Queries > Speeding and other Criminal Offences
Xicander
I am trying to find out if the PACE route is still the current recommended responce to a NIP from an English Police force (Lincolnshire in this case)?

If anyone is interested the NIP is on page 1, on page 2 there are FAQ's, page 3 is for "Aceptance of Conditional Offer" & page four is "Statement of Responce".

I have not had time to scan all current threads so if this has been answered recently in another post can someone give me the link.

The last post I remember seeing relating to PACE was dated 2006; so I was wondering if a decision had been made in the European courts about use of this defense?
The Rookie
Read the 'READ THIS FIRST' sticky, and complete and paste the NIP wizards output, PACE ws will normally be suggested, but bear in mind its far from being a magic bullet as the ECtHR has yet to issue its 'ruling', this will then likelu establish case law when its applied to the Burgess-James appeal to the RCJ.

I would love to read the pages if I had the first idea of where to find them!

Simon
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.