Full Version: 48 in a 40- company car Driver
FightBack Forums > Queries > Speeding and other Criminal Offences
Garrett
NIP Details and Circumstances
What is the name of the Constabulary? - Lancashire Constabulary
Date of the offence: - April 2007
Date of the NIP: - 17 days after the offence
Date you received the NIP: - 19 days after the offence
Location of offence (exact location as it appears on the NIP: important): - A6, Garstang Road, nr Whittingham Lane,
Was the NIP addressed to you? - Yes
Was the NIP sent by first class post, second class or recorded delivery? - First
If your are not the Registered Keeper, what is your relationship to the vehicle? - I drive a company car. I *think* that I am listed as the registered keeper
How many current points do you have? - 0
Provide a description of events (if you know what happened) telling us as much about the incident as possible - some things that may seem trivial to you may be important, so don't leave anything out. Please do not post personal details for obvious reasons - Received NIP dated 23/04/07 for alleged offence of doing 48 in a 40 zone, contrary to Section S84 RTRA 84 Sch 2RTOA 88 & Local Order

NIP Wizard Responses
These were the responses used by the Wizard to arrive at its recommendation:
Have you received a NIP? - Yes
Are you the Registered Keeper of the vehicle concerned (is your name and address on the V5/V5C)? - Yes
Did the first NIP arrive within 14 days? - No
Was there a valid reason for the NIP's late arrival? - Unsure
Although you are the Registered Keeper, were you also the keeper of the vehicle concerned (the person normally responsible for it) at the time of the alleged offence? - Yes
Were you driving? - Yes
Which country did the alleged offence take place in? - England

NIP Wizard Recommendation
Based on these responses the Wizard suggested that this course of action should be considered:

Generated by the PePiPoo NIP Wizard v2.2.3: Wed, 25 Apr 2007 21:23:48 +0100

Hello,

Am gutted......many years of clean driving gone today when i received the above NIP.

Does the 14 day rule apply if I am a company car driver? The NIP is dated 17 calendar days after the offence?
SMURF POWER
" drive a company car. I *think* that I am listed as the registered keeper"

are you or not ?

what does it say on the log book
crystal
Hi

The first NIP is to the registerd keeper (as onthe V5C) in 14 days (exceptionsif its being updated at the time) the company car bit is not the issue.

So do you have the V5C and is you name and address on it (who taxes the car ?)

Regards
Crystal
Garrett
QUOTE (crystal @ Wed, 25 Apr 2007 - 21:58) *
Hi

The first NIP is to the registerd keeper (as onthe V5C) in 14 days (exceptionsif its being updated at the time) the company car bit is not the issue.

So do you have the V5C and is you name and address on it (who taxes the car ?)

Regards
Crystal

No I do not have the V5. i will check with Company Fleet tomoz...
crystal
Hi

If you dont have the V5 its highly unlikey you are the RK so the NIP would be valid

Regards
Crystal
Garrett
OK, Lancs Constabulary approached my fleet dept. on the 6th. They responded on the 17th, so i guess the NIP is valid?
Should I go the PACE route (what can happen using PACE)?
crystal
Hi

Use you 28 days to read up on the situationa nd what you want to do. If you want to Fight then starting with PACE w/s is what I would do.

To fold fill in the NIP but consider how many points do you need to have before its worth fighting for

Regards
Crystal
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.