Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Caught @ 99mph on a DC
FightBack Forums > Queries > Speeding and other Criminal Offences
Dangerous
Hello,

Story is I was pulled over on a DC clocked @99mph by 2 police officers in a T5 with a laser gun. They issued me with a fixed pentaly notice. I had to produce my licence at my local police station which I did and informed them I have only been driving for 18 months already having 3 points on my licence.

He said it will go to court then, I’m still waiting for the court date. It’s only been about a week.

Plot thickness.

I drive for a living so I need my licence to carry on with my job, work will offer me a letter to produce to the courts saying I need it.

Now it was my understanding that the Police officer should be in high visiual stuff and not be hiding on the right of a roundabout on a bridge.

I have picture proof that they were and still are catching motorists.

Where do I stand legally?
jimmy ferrari
I think there maybe an age rule to do with this but if you get 6 points within 2 years of passing your test you get disqualified and then have to resit your test! icon_cry.gif
I'm not completely sure so someone who knows will have to verify this.
Dangerous
Yes under the New drivers act of 1995 AFAIK 6 points = Retest.

But I want to flight this case if possible?
DW190
New Drivers Act 1995
Dangerous
Also I was clocked by an old style laser gun how do they submit the evidence
jimmy ferrari
Thing is Dangerous, you have got 2 officers who can corroborate the evidence, the only out I could see is if the equipments calibration was not 'up to date'

And it doesn't look like the new driver rule has an age stipulated icon_cry.gif
Dangerous
I did he said they are tested daliy and doesnt need to be checked till 2012 sad.gif
Dangerous
Would the pictures of them hiding help me on this case?
DW190
You could ignore everything and send a solicitor to represent you in court.
Dangerous
Dont think I can afford £200 per hour sad.gif
jimmy ferrari
They may help, but the same line as the scameras give would be 'even if a camera is in an illegal position, you will still be prosecuted'
This is stated on the FAQ's on the web site, an all time classic if you ask me, basically even if we are breaking the law when we catch you breaking the law you won't get off!!

You will probably get a lot more info tomorrow when others look in icon_wink.gif

You should put a list together of what happened.
did you admit the offence?
did they read you your rights?
did you sign anything etc.?
AtW
QUOTE (jimmy ferrari)
I think there maybe an age rule to do with this but if you get 6 points within 2 years of passing your test you get disqualified and then have to resit your test! icon_cry.gif

I am in the same position - its not disqualification however, but license revocation - it will be reissued (with 6 points!) after passing tests again.

The question is open whether there will be any endorsements apart from points on it icon_question.gif
Dangerous
QUOTE (AtW)
QUOTE (jimmy ferrari)

I am in the same position - its not disqualification however, but license revocation - it will be reissued (with 6 points!) after passing tests again.

The question is open whether there will be any endorsements apart from points on it icon_question.gif

They put them on the day of the offence/ or still revoke it either way?
AtW
QUOTE (Dangerous)
They put them on the day of the offence/ or still revoke it either way?

I believe points for speeding will be applied to the day of offence, even if at the time of decision the person in question will have driven more than 2 years the license will still be revoked. Bizzarre icon_eek.gif
DW190
QUOTE (Dangerous)
Dont think I can afford £200 per hour sad.gif

do you or your family have legal assistance insurance ?. (sometimes included with home contents cover)
Pete C
QUOTE (AtW)
The question is open whether there will be any endorsements apart from points on it  :?:

No, just the points, this happened to someone I know.

QUOTE (AtW)
I believe points for speeding will be applied to the day of offence, even if at the time of decision the person in question will have driven more than 2 years the license will still be revoked. Bizzarre  :shock:

Bizarre, but correct unfortunately sad.gif
Dangerous
Bit of a update

I was done but that, on my ticket says 99MPH/2576? What does this mean?

Im going after a 7 day ban but im waiting for the court date to show.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.