Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What to do when out of the country?
FightBack Forums > Queries > Speeding and other Criminal Offences
lombie
A pal of mine who is in the Forces received a NIP on Friday (think he said 83 in a 70) whilst travelling back from Weymouth.

He has left it with his mum as he has just gone to spend 7 months in Iraq (Left Sunday).

I told him that i had joined here and that i would ask for advice and let his mum know what the best course of action for her to take would be.

Any advice on what they should do?
ged1625
ask for photo evidence as this will identify who the driver was. did the nip arrive within 14 days? check out the FAQ page. this will help
crystal
Hi

Please visit the READ ME FIRST section (Click Here), answer all the questions in the NIP Wizard, and then post the Wizard's output back here to enable us to help you.

If you does not want to fight it his mum should write explaining and give them his current address (or just get him to write in with the details asked for)

Regards
Crystal
The Rookie
I presume mail can be forwarded to him, in which case that is what should be done, of course it will inevitably take some time, however S172 allows for the responce to be recieved within 28 days or as soon as possible, so if the mail takes 3 months then it will still be as soon as reasonably possible.

Simon
lombie
Cheers all but i was too late.

She sent off his license and a kite on Monday as they offered a fixed penalty
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.