Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 36 in a 30
FightBack Forums > Queries > Speeding and other Criminal Offences
Tracy38
Hi all, new to the site and joined whilst trying to get some information after getting home from work to find a NIP waiting for me.
I can't argue the fact of speeding as obviously its been caught on camera but i use the road all the time and i can't think where the hell the camera is.
Do i just fill the form in, send it off and wait for the conditional offer to come through?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

Tracy
Tracy38
What is the name of the Constabulary? - Norfolk Constabulary
Date of the offence: - 22/3/07
Date of the NIP: - 2/4/07
Date you received the NIP: - 3/4/07
Location of offence (exact location as it appears on the NIP: important): - B1507 Downham Market towards Town Centre
Was the NIP addressed to you? - Yes
Was the NIP sent by first class post, second class or recorded delivery? - Not known
If your are not the Registered Keeper, what is your relationship to the vehicle? -
How many current points do you have? - 0
Provide a description of events (if you know what happened) telling us as much about the incident as possible - some things that may seem trivial to you may be important, so don't leave anything out. Please do not post personal details for obvious reasons -

NIP Wizard Responses
These were the responses used by the Wizard to arrive at its recommendation:
Have you received a NIP? - Yes
Are you the Registered Keeper of the vehicle concerned (is your name and address on the V5/V5C)? - Yes
Did the first NIP arrive within 14 days? - Yes
Although you are the Registered Keeper, were you also the keeper of the vehicle concerned (the person normally responsible for it) at the time of the alleged offence? - Yes
Were you driving? - Yes
Which country did the alleged offence take place in? - England

Sorry a bit more info.
Thanks
Tracy
Tracy38
Sorry me again, I've just been looking round site and went on website from a link on here to check speed camera locations. And according to the site there isn't one on the road where i've been done for speeding........how come? My hubby says it must of been a mobile one. Do they have to have a sign up stating that there are mobile cameras in action?
Sorry to be a pain.
Thanks
Tracy
Lynnzer
QUOTE (Tracy38 @ Tue, 3 Apr 2007 - 21:15) *
Sorry me again, I've just been looking round site and went on website from a link on here to check speed camera locations. And according to the site there isn't one on the road where i've been done for speeding........how come? My hubby says it must of been a mobile one. Do they have to have a sign up stating that there are mobile cameras in action?
Sorry to be a pain.
Thanks
Tracy

They can pretty much put them where they want Tracy.
You seem to be missing the bit onthe NIP Wizard where it tells you what you should do. In this case I suggest it would recommend sending in a PACE Witness Statement.
Take a look among the topics and learn up on it. You have 28 days to reply to the NIP so don't just fire it off or complete it at all until you feel you have to.
Vin Diesel
www.norfolk-safety-camera.org.uk

Have you checked their website for locations and mobile sites ??
The Rookie
As far as I can tell the B1507 goes from the A10, through Downham market and back to the A10 via Denver (and I thought we were in Norfolk not the mile high city!), depending on which way you are heading, its all towards the town center, so the locus you have given means a length of about 4 miles through a large number of roads, any of which can have been used to more accurately give the locus. Note the fact that the offence will tell you you were in say a 30 limit, that cannot be used to 'improve' the locus to just that part of the road that is a 30 limit.

http://www.multimap.com/map/browse.cgi?cli...88&down.y=3

Young V Day established that a locus covering 4 miles was excessively vague and that the NIP wasn't therefore valid and no offence could be prosecuted.

Please confirm you have typed the Locus EXACTLY as its given, if so I would suggest waiting until more than 14 days after the alleged offence and sending a vague Locus letter (template on here somewhere), expect some bluff and bluster as there is 'Norfolk and chance' (sorry ;-) ) they will agree with you. Its debateable whether or not the an invalid NIP means the S172 request is valid or not, so I personally, once happy with the vague locus approach, would still use the PACE ws to name yourself.

Simon
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.