Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: serialspeeder vs dasrtford mags
FightBack Forums > Queries > Speeding and other Criminal Offences
serialspeeder
Hi there, I have used this site in the past and went down the PACE route on a NIP which timed out Hoorah!! So thanks for a great site, you have saved me 3 points and £60.00.
This one my wife got shot and it has resulted in a summons, despite going down the same route.
All the documents are here... clicky linky

Once the PACE letter was sent we received nothing until the summons on 30/03/2007 which is within the 6 months of the offence. So what next? All I can see wrong with there paper work is the statement of facts where they say the request for driver details form was filled in, It was not. (document 6) I have had a look round the site and it seems that we are waiting for the out come of the human rights case any day now Re PACE. I have 5 days left to reply to this so your input would be much appreciated. unsure.gif
Bluedart
until the summons on 30/03/2003

Do you require to edit? biggrin.gif
serialspeeder
Ta!
The Rookie
QUOTE (serialspeeder @ Mon, 2 Apr 2007 - 11:05) *
So what next? All I can see wrong with there paper work is the statement of facts where they say the request for driver details form was filled in, It was not. (document 6) I have had a look round the site and it seems that we are waiting for the out come of the human rights case any day now Re PACE. I have 5 days left to reply to this so your input would be much appreciated. unsure.gif

Either...
1/ roll over and plead guilty.
2/ Plead not guilty, don't bother seriously contesting it and appeal straight away pending the other rulings.
3/ Plead not guilty, fight it all the way, drag it out as long as possible, get evidence etc etc, hoping for a ruling before your final trial, if not accpet you will probably be found guilty and then appeal if you still want to.
Best guess is ruling this month sometime and then Burgess-James will be scheduled and we can await a binding ruling, although the ECtHR going our way may be enough for them to start granting adjournments as it would be pretty pointless them adding to their own costs!

Simon
serialspeeder
ok thanks for that Rookie one last question is ther any point in me sending in this.............. To stall them in time for the judgment?

The Clerk to the Justices [........ ]Magistrates' Court
Dear Sirs, Re: R -v- Myself Case number
I refer to the above matter and to the court hearing listed for [ date......]. I understand that there are a number of cases proceeding through the Administrative Court in London at the present time by way of appeal on the admissibility of evidence obtained under duress/without caution and that the hearing of those cases have been adjourned pending the decision of the ECHR in the case of O’Halloran & Francis v United Kingdom (ref no: 15809/02). On the basis that this case turns on the same issues raised in O’Halloran & Francis I request that the trial of this case be held in abeyance until the ECHR decision is handed down which I understand will be in MARCH 2007. I look forward to hearing from you. Yours faithfully
The Rookie
Nothing to be lost, send it in with your NG plea, make it waiting for the Burgess-James case (sorry I don't know the ref) before LJ Keane (I think) at the RCJ, which will be heard after O'H and F V UK. ECHR should be ECtHR as its the court not the convention, ruling now expected in April.

Simon
V70
QUOTE (serialspeeder @ Tue, 3 Apr 2007 - 08:31) *
until the ECHR decision is handed down which I understand will be in MARCH 2007. I look forward to hearing from you. Yours faithfully

You have posted this 3 days after you understood the result to be handed down, hope you watch the signs better......
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.