Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Summons
FightBack Forums > Queries > Speeding and other Criminal Offences
sipstrassi
Hi

Caught speeding 80 in a 70. (Cumbria)

I have been summoned on monday - papers only arrived wednesday.

Could someone help with some advice.

I sent off PACE and got a letter back saying i had admitted driving the vehicle and failure to comply with the conditional offer would be passed onto the prosecutions department. - i did not reply.

got summons on Wednesday - to appear on monday.

What is my next step?

Thanks in advance.

Pete
davepoth
QUOTE (sipstrassi @ Fri, 23 Mar 2007 - 15:34) *
Hi

Caught speeding 80 in a 70. (Cumbria)

I have been summoned on monday - papers only arrived wednesday.

Could someone help with some advice.

I sent off PACE and got a letter back saying i had admitted driving the vehicle and failure to comply with the conditional offer would be passed onto the prosecutions department. - i did not reply.

got summons on Wednesday - to appear on monday.

What is my next step?

Thanks in advance.

Pete

Return the plea sheet saying "not guilty", and tell them you won't be attending, assuming it's a Pre Trial Review, and not guilty is how you intend to plea. All they will do at the first PTR is read the plea and adjourn to a later date. Given the short time frame I'd suggest using special delivery. Add it to your lists of costs for when you are found not guilty. smile.gif
sipstrassi
It is to take place at a magistrates court does that make a difference?

If i plead not guilty and they still prosicute what are the likely outcomes?

Even with a pace statement it says on the letter i admitted drivings the car (the car they say in their statment is wrong was a supra not avensis).

Am i doing the right thing pleading not guilty and not attending?

Cheers

Peter
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.