Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Summoned after Sending Back NIP
FightBack Forums > Queries > Speeding and other Criminal Offences
Copestake
Hello,

I recieved a NIP that I asked for evidence, I got clear evidence so filled in the NIP and now many many months later I have recieved a court summoning for the offence and failing to provide information with the letter stating they didnt recieve the NIP and saying they sent out a reminder..That i didnt recieve.

I dont know how to deal with the matter now, any help appreciated.
Bluedart
QUOTE (Copestake @ Sat, 17 Mar 2007 - 12:38) *
Hello,

I recieved a NIP that I asked for evidence, I got clear evidence so filled in the NIP and now many many months later I have recieved a court summoning for the offence and failing to provide information with the letter stating they didnt recieve the NIP and saying they sent out a reminder..That i didnt recieve.

I dont know how to deal with the matter now, any help appreciated.

Fill in the NIP wizard
Copestake
My concern is that I filled in the NIP and now I am being charged with failing to provide information too!
geordiebhoy
QUOTE (Copestake @ Sat, 17 Mar 2007 - 13:14) *
My concern is that I filled in the NIP and now I am being charged with failing to provide information too!

Have they charged you with s172 and speeding?

Fill in the NIP wizard for more detailed help.
Copestake
QUOTE (geordiebhoy @ Sat, 17 Mar 2007 - 13:23) *
QUOTE (Copestake @ Sat, 17 Mar 2007 - 13:14) *

Have they charged you with s172 and speeding?

Fill in the NIP wizard for more detailed help.

Yes.. even though I retuned the NIP they are claiming they havent recieved it.

The wizard just takes me to the PACE statement
geordiebhoy
Well if they say they haven't received your completed NIP they have no evidence for a speeding charge.

I know the wizard will say use the PACE statement, but just post all the details from it and people can help you more if they have all the information.
Copestake
NIP Details and Circumstances
What is the name of the Constabulary? - Chief Constable of Staffordshire Police
Date of the offence: - September 2006
Date of the NIP: - 2 days after the offence
Date you received the NIP: - 3 days after the offence
Location of offence (exact location as it appears on the NIP: important): - A511 BURTON NORTH (713)
Was the NIP addressed to you? - Yes
Was the NIP sent by first class post, second class or recorded delivery? - First
If your are not the Registered Keeper, what is your relationship to the vehicle? - I am the driver
How many current points do you have? - 0
Provide a description of events (if you know what happened) telling us as much about the incident as possible - some things that may seem trivial to you may be important, so don't leave anything out. Please do not post personal details for obvious reasons - Manned equipment have alleged they have caught me doing 41mph in a 30mph zone. There are 3 named drivers to the car. Caught at 16:45pm.

Shall i send a letter?
borsicorn
If you really want us to help you, fill in the NIP wizard and post its full contents.
Copestake
I will scan the Court Summons soon. What am i likely to get if i plee guilty too both ?
borsicorn
I'm sure this must be very hard for you, but:

If you really want us to help you, fill in the NIP wizard and post its full contents.
Copestake
These are the answers you've given so far:
Have you received a NIP? - Yes
Are you the Registered Keeper of the vehicle concerned (is your name and address on the V5/V5C)? - Yes
Did the first NIP arrive within 14 days? - Yes
Although you are the Registered Keeper, were you also the keeper of the vehicle concerned (the person normally responsible for it) at the time of the alleged offence? - Yes
Were you driving? - Yes
Which country did the alleged offence take place in? - England
borsicorn
Please read these questions VERY SLOWLY.

Was this the full output of the NIP wizard?

Did you copy and paste the full output of the NIP wizard?

Do you want our help?
Copestake
It was the full output.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.