Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: NIP
FightBack Forums > Queries > Speeding and other Criminal Offences
Stu Mac
Hi

I'm new to the site and have signed up because I like many others are really agreaved at working hard, paying a mortgage, abiding by the law then being kicked in the teeth by a system more intent in picking on hard working individuals who simply stray over the so called "Speed limit" (which seems to vary each 1/2 mile), instead of doing real work like catching real criminals.

I dive over 30k miles in a year on business and it is starting to drive me insane. I received a NIP on the A40 westbound (Western Ave,) at 11.31 on a weekday when there is very little traffic around. The streach of road was empty as you would expect at that time of day. It was near the junction with Argyle Road (so it said on the NIP). a van with a yellow logo on the side which looked like a black square in the middle which I realised was a small window when closer, sat on a bridge and kindly clocked me doing 62 on a section of road which I think had 50 limit showing. I've been back along the road since and the road becomes 60 limit shortly after as it should be where I was clocked. Its a straight section of 3 lane carriageway for heavens sake!!! WHY CANT DRIVERS BE LEFT ALONE TO USE COMMON SENSE ON THE ROADS AS MOST OF THEM DO. I see so so many examples of poor driving yet all we see is a large proportion of sensible drivers get penalised.

Anyway moaning aside...I just need some advice> I completed a PACE letter as suggested and and have now recieved what looks to me to be the same letter except it says NIP-Reminder and gives me another 28 days to pay. Do I just ignore????

It does state in bold letters accross the middle, THIS ALLEGATION CAN BE SUPPORTED IN COURT BY TECHNICAL AND PHOTOGRAPHIC EVEIDENCE.

Advice would be appreciated as I would rather spend my hard earned cash on my 3 young kids than add it to rest of the tax I have to pay each month.

Many thanks

Stu (a very irritated 43 year old)
crystal
Hi

To offer much advice we need the background so the NIP wizard would help even though you have already sent pace.

In the meantime This thread may help

Regards
Crystal
Stu Mac
Thanks Crystal but I did fill in the NIP on this site but how do I send you a copy?

Can you tell I dont do this very often?

Cheers

Stu
The Rookie
You don't, you copy and paste the output into the thread.

Simon
Stu Mac
Thanks Guys

Is this what you need??

These are the answers you've given so far:
Have you received a NIP? - Yes
Are you the Registered Keeper of the vehicle concerned (is your name and address on the V5/V5C)? - Yes
Did the first NIP arrive within 14 days? - Yes
Although you are the Registered Keeper, were you also the keeper of the vehicle concerned (the person normally responsible for it) at the time of the alleged offence? - Yes
Were you driving? - Yes
Which country did the alleged offence take place in? - England

Stu
crystal
Hi

If you do the wizard again you will find a form appears under one the questions, this needs to be completed too

Regards
crystal
Stu Mac
Hi Crystal

Is this what you mean?

NIP Details and Circumstances
What is the name of the Constabulary? - Mertopolitan Police
Date of the offence: - 18/1/07
Date of the NIP: - 25/1/07
Date you received the NIP: - 30/1/07
Location of offence (exact location as it appears on the NIP: important): - A40 Western Ave nr j/w Argyle Road W/B UB6
Was the NIP addressed to you? - Yes
Was the NIP sent by first class post, second class or recorded delivery? - Second
If your are not the Registered Keeper, what is your relationship to the vehicle? -
How many current points do you have? - 3
Provide a description of events (if you know what happened) telling us as much about the incident as possible - some things that may seem trivial to you may be important, so don't leave anything out. Please do not post personal details for obvious reasons - A van with a yellow logo (similar to a lightening strike) not thye usual type of thing you see was parked on one of the bridges above the A40 heading out of London as I was heading towards Uxbridge. Once under the van I noticed that what I thought was a dark sqaure and part of the logo was infact a small window and I guess thats what clocked me. The streach of road is 3 lanesand at 11.30 in the morning very little on that section of road.

NIP Wizard Responses
These were the responses used by the Wizard to arrive at its recommendation:
Have you received a NIP? - Yes
Are you the Registered Keeper of the vehicle concerned (is your name and address on the V5/V5C)? - Yes
Did the first NIP arrive within 14 days? - Yes
Although you are the Registered Keeper, were you also the keeper of the vehicle concerned (the person normally responsible for it) at the time of the alleged offence? - Yes
Were you driving? - Yes
Which country did the alleged offence take place in? - England

NIP Wizard Recommendation
Based on these responses the Wizard suggested that this course of action should be considered:
  • Complete the PACE witness statement.

Generated by the PePiPoo NIP Wizard v2.2.0: Wed, 14 Mar 2007 08:55:52 +0000
crystal
Hi

I would argree with the wizard. The notice should have ben 1st class though are you sure it was second ?

Regards
Crystal
Stu Mac
Crystal your right. The original was 1st class post the reminder was 2nd class post. I have heard that another letter offering me another 28 days to pay quoting "we can identify the Driver" has arrived today in the post but I am not home for a day or so?

Stu
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.